Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front-rear camera touchscreen parking protection switch kit reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Up to 65.

I have to say I'm always a bit cautious about these kinds of lists as all they do is account for interest, but not commitments.

I had 120 on the Lighted T pre-order list but less than 60 have actually ordered. As only less than 24 hours have passed since they went on sale I know I need to allow for more time, but on the other hand we don't want to commit $ to a production volume that will leave us with leftover and costly inventory.

Up to 65.

I have to say I'm always a bit cautious about these kinds of lists as all they do is account for interest, but not commitments.

I had 120 on the Lighted T pre-order list but less than 60 have actually ordered. As only less than 24 hours have passed since they went on sale I know I need to allow for more time, but on the other hand we don't want to commit $ to a production volume that will leave us with leftover and costly inventory.

I think we are talking apples and oranges here. First, you are correct in that it has not even been 24 hours since you launched the marketplace. There's a good chance that at lease a few people haven't even read your PM yet. Others may have felt that there was little chance of getting to be the first 60. Second, the Lighted T, while very cool, is still a gimmick, and really just for fun. The front camera could be considered a necessity for many drivers, considering that PDC was not available for some time. Even though I have PDC, I am still interested. I guess the main detractor for this feature is the cost of the camera itself.

Up to 65.

Agree.

Someone else has PM'd me with a suggestion that we take a non-refundable deposit that would be credited against the selling price. We'll consider that when it's time to finalize production volume.

Up to 65.

I would give it time. Maybe for those who have ordered it and then installed it, we can send in our pictures to this forum to show how it looks. We can also comment on the ease of installation. That may generate more interest.

Anyway, I want to thank you for the hard work you have put in.