TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Front/Rear Camera Touchscreen Switch Kit, Camera and Cables - SOLD

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by peterspd, May 16, 2015.

1. peterspd

peterspd peterspd

2. siteexperts

siteexperts Member

I am most likely interested and am in the Seattle area (to avoid shipping assuming you are in the area). I assume this is all the parts necessary for the install? (and do you have the latest manuals - wasn't clear in the threads what were the latest install instructions).

I just need to figure out if there is a good way to mount this with autopilot hardware and a front plate. Currently really paranoid every time I park as the front sensors are useless for detecting most curbs :).

3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Front/Rear Camera Touchscreen Switch Kit, Camera and Cables

I already have this kit, and I'm tempted to buy another and put on the shelf just in case I buy another MS five or more years down the road when there's a bump in range/features. It's really a fantastic addition/mod they all cars should have.

4. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I had an inquiry yesterday from someone who bought an uninstalled kit from another owner. But it was without the cables and he needed a set. I was going to send him the parts numbers so he could buy them from an SC but just in case I looked into my spare parts bin and much to my surprise I found not only several complete sets of the Tesla OEM cables but a never used spare camera switch PCB and remote. PM me if you're interested a complete kit. If Hank doesn't want it I'll make it available to another owner.

Also, for those who are interested, here's a link to the install instructions

5. faughtz

faughtz Model S P85DL

I agree; I use it almost every time I park although I still haven't done a permanent install of the camera. Using velcro, and it's been in place almost a year. Easy install, great instructions.

6. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I will be taking artsci up on this offer (sorry folks). When I get a replacement MS down the road, I can't imagine not having the front camera. If it turns out that I don't need it because it becomes incompatible with newer models, or Tesla implements it's own factory front camera (with dashcam!), I'll offer to resell it back to the community.

Also, Rick -- your PM box is full! You're a popular guy lately!