Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front & rear defrost icons have disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The front & rear windshield defrost icons disappeared in the last week. This roughly corresponds to the 24 Aug 2022 iOS app update. I see a defrost selection in the app now which I do not recall seeing before. Has Tesla moved defrosting solely to the app? The vehicle is on v10.2.

The V11 updates at the beginning of the year buried the seat heater and defrost controls. I don’t remember which update later restored them as options. I have selected the seat heater and front defrost to be omnipresent.
FAE33DF4-04BE-4DB7-878D-5992B927DD26.jpeg

I am not sure what year car you have since it is not listed in your profile at the bottom of your post. However, if you have a 2021/22 X, I see the front/rear defrost icons are on the first screen (shown when you swipe up from bottom of display) where you set vent directions and other environmental settings.

Attachments

• 20220831_101500.jpg
    20220831_101500.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 99
Our MX is 2017. It's got v10.2 software.

I've looked in the "Climate" popup but there's no option for the defrosters there either.
Are you intentionally refusing software updates? V10.2 is VERY old. I would suggest you request an update via the Tesla service menu. They can push it remotely.

I don’t know why defroster options have disappeared for you on v10.2, but I know that V11 gives you control over what controls appear on the bottom bar, including defroster.

I would be curious to see a picture of what your screen looks like, including your climate pop up that doesn’t even have the defroster options there.

The mystery deepens...sort of.

I did a touchscreen restart and the front/rear window defrost icons reappeared in their normal spot.

I checked the software page and it indicates that v10.2 was up to date as of 31 Aug. I noticed that the update was set to "Standard". I've changed that to "Advanced" and it appears that an update is now downloading.