Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front right panel protruding slightly. Normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed my right front panel protruding slightly, enough to find it abnormal looking. I pointed it out to my Delivery Advisor who without hesitation noted it, took a photo, and then added it to my Due Bill.

Is this common to Tesla Model 3’s? Or do your panels come together more flush? The reasons I am even conflicted about taking it into the service center are several.

1. They could keep my car for weeks.
2. They could make the problem worse. They could scratch my paint or do other damage while my car is in their possession.
3. The appointment could be scheduled out longer than a week. This means I have to hold off on getting front PPF installed per an installers recommendation. It’d be a shame to drive around without PPF while waiting for my service date and get paint chips on my bumper.

If it is common or if it’s something Tesla can’t really fix, I won’t bother. I have a couple of other due bill items like a protruding charger port and chrome trim misalignment, but those don’t affect how I time my PPF install. Interested in hearing any thoughts and advice.

1B72FE19-D543-4AD2-B399-52942129404E.jpeg
0CDE47A5-07B3-41A6-8047-2D8FFB386165.jpeg

Yeah, mine is perhaps a little better/straighter looking than yours. But, they are both pretty close. Personally, I consider both yours and mine within “normal” tolerances. I’m totally satisfied with how mine looks.

AA8F04C0-36B5-4FD7-91F8-437B39BDA386.jpeg

Attachments

• A6C5DDA7-2DD7-49B0-BFB9-46C11D67BE11.jpeg
    A6C5DDA7-2DD7-49B0-BFB9-46C11D67BE11.jpeg
    356.4 KB · Views: 80
What about hood height alignment? The right side of my (August 2019) M3 hood is about an eighth of an inch lower than the left side that matches the fender height exactly. I made note of it to the dealership on delivery and I'm hoping it can be adjusted first time I take it in for service.

What about hood height alignment? The right side of my (August 2019) M3 hood is about an eighth of an inch lower than the left side that matches the fender height exactly. I made note of it to the dealership on delivery and I'm hoping it can be adjusted first time I take it in for service.
Twist the black rubber stop on the right side to adjust the hood height. Do, it little by little.

"Normal", mine has that on the passenger side. driver side is fine.

Seems like it should be easy to fix but I don't trust the SC in case they have to remove the bumper cover. I might pull back the wheel lining to try and fix it myself.

Mine is the same way and was noted at time of delivery. My driverside side fog light has a bad leak and has filled with condensation so Tesla is sending out their mobile service to remove the bumper to fix or replace the fog light. I mentioned to them the slightly misaligned driverside fender and they said the tech has to remove the bumper anyways and will realign it better when reinstalling. I guess that kills 2 birds with one stone.