Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front right safety restraint system fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Started getting the alert immediately after updating to 2018.44.2 last Friday Nov 23rd. Comes up every couple of minutes, then clears again. Repeats constantly. Was advised to take the car into a service centre due to safety concerns (went today) and they told me it is now a known software bug and they are working to fix it in a subsequent release. Wish they had told me that before driving 2 hours to a service centre! Anyway, they said if you move the seat forward/backward a bit, the message will stop popping up (so I was told by Tesla service). Hope this helps someone!

FWIW...mine came on today and I didn't know what was going on. I tried all 3 resets and nothing... After scheduling a service time I realized what happened...my water bottle had spilled on the passenger seat about an hour prior to that and I didn't realize it for at least 30-45 min. After remembering this I went back out to the car and sure enough it was wet underneath the seat. I used a hair dryer for 5-10 min and then cranked the heat up for about 30 min. I'm hoping it's going to dry out and be fine, but if not I will have to take it in for service. But I'm not overly thrilled that a little bit of water can screw up a whole system...

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
@darrelld - what software version are you on? Please call tech support and have them review your logs.

I am on 46.2 - no fix yet

Alert message:
Safety Restraint System Fault

I am now on 48.12 haven't seen this message in some time now. I did contact support and they called me back to say the would call me to setup an appointment for a mobile tech. The never called and the problem seems to have disappeared. Wife drove with me riding in passenger seat to a doctors appointment about 20 miles through crappy Dallas streets. I am 6'2" and 215lbs. That's when I noticed the error was gone,

I am hoping mine is gone too...I set the heat at 80 for 30 min before going to bed to dry it out...tried it this morning and at least sitting in the garage in reverse it didn't come on which it had been. We'll see after my appointments today...