Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Right Speakers Cutting In/Out + Static Audio (Only Bass) [with aftermarket speaker activation kit]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm at my wits end and need some help:

Issue:
Intermittent audio from front right speakers (all of them). Sometimes only bass (no mids/highs) and sometimes crackling (on road bumps)

Backstory:
I bought the Hannshow DIY kit for my 2021 Model 3 SR+ and installed it. Shortly after I noticed that sometimes when I drove the front right speakers would stop playing audio (only deep bass would be coming out of the door speaker).

When I played with the balance, the front left speakers worked perfectly, but if I slid the slider to the right all I could hear is low bass audio coming through. Driving around, hitting street bumps and pot holes the speakers would crackle (static) and then sometimes the front right speakers and tweeter would come back online. It was hit or miss. I could go days without any issue, and then could go days with no audio coming from the front right speakers.

What I've tried:
  • I tried soft and hard resetting the car
  • reconnecting all the Hannshow wires again to make sure a proper connection
  • asked Hansshow to send me a replacement DIY harness because I thought it was a faulty unit (installed the replacement and the issue persists)
  • I ordered the Tesla Offer version and installed it today. The same issue appeared. Turned on my car and no mids/highs coming through the front right of my car speakers. I slide the balance to the right, cranked up the audio (loud), it crackled and then the speakers came back online (full stereo). The Tesla Offer version connects differently then Hannshows and I used taps to connect the wires (instead of squeezing in the wires into the plug like Hannshow instructs).

Thoughts:
I can't exactly bring this to Tesla as these speakers aren't supposed to be activated with the SR+. The only thing I can think of is to remove all the Tesla Offer wiring, put it back to stock, and see if I still have audio issues. The A pillar and door speakers aren't activated in the stock configuration, but at least I can see if perhaps there is an issue with the wiring from factory? The additional issue is that the issue isn't reproducible, so If I revert the wiring back to stock, discover that the issue persists, and setup a service appointment, what's the likelihood that on that particular day the speakers won't be working properly for the technician at Tesla to observe. Knowing my luck it will work perfectly when dropping off the car, and stop working once I bring it home.

Any ideas?