Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Safety Restraint System Fault Refresh S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had the RCM2_196 error for three weeks. They did a mobile service appointment where the tech removed a lug connector that had a bunch of wires going to ground, cleaned it and reinstalled. Error disappeared for 3 trips then has been back on full time. I watched closely and noticed it had many wires going to the grounding lug so I plan to remove it and inspect each wire for solid connection to the lug. The fact that it briefly resolved after being a full time snag and then went back makes me wonder if that is still the location of the problem. On it after lunch today....

I just put mine in for the air bag light, they had it for two days no word yet. I got some uber credits oh joy
I'm on day 19 with no ETA or any update whatsoever. Car is sitting where it was on day 1, but with the airbags popped off. Not a good experience. And it seems like there's nobody to escalate to, I just have to take it.

Not sure if my issue is related, but I'm now getting these safety restraint system fault codes in my Model S, and Tesla appears to be clueless as to how to fix it. Seems crazy there's no info on WHERE in the car the restraint system fault is. Front, rear? Passenger, driver?

Attachments

• IMG_2846.jpeg
    IMG_2846.jpeg
    470.9 KB · Views: 148
Not sure if my issue is related, but I'm now getting these safety restraint system fault codes in my Model S, and Tesla appears to be clueless as to how to fix it. Seems crazy there's no info on WHERE in the car the restraint system fault is. Front, rear? Passenger, driver?
Yeah I had the same issue for a month, they couldn't fix it a month ago, then I got another error specifying the rear-right restraint (on top of the generic one). After the subsequent service appointment, Tesla now needs parts that are at least a month away due to supply chain constraints, apparently 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I had the same issue for a month, they couldn't fix it a month ago, then I got another error specifying the rear-right restraint (on top of the generic one). After the subsequent service appointment, Tesla now needs parts that are at least a month away due to supply chain constraints, apparently 🤷‍♂️

Jeez. I just have the generic error, which Tesla is telling me is the driver’s airbag. So hopefully just the wiring under the seat…

In the end I had two errors (and now an intermittent third). Originally the a058 which was resolved by them cleaning the main grounding lug inside the drivers door. That fixed this error for a few drives and then the 196 error came up and I had to take the car in and that was a 'soft set' connector as they reported which is Teslaspeak for a connector was not plugged in tightly. There is a whole thread (but not many posts and not useful yet) on the 058 error. Now I have an intermittent a064 error (front pax safety restraint system fault) that I have an appointment for.

• Informative
Reactions: WiLz and WilliamG
In the end I had two errors (and now an intermittent third). Originally the a058 which was resolved by them cleaning the main grounding lug inside the drivers door. That fixed this error for a few drives and then the 196 error came up and I had to take the car in and that was a 'soft set' connector as they reported which is Teslaspeak for a connector was not plugged in tightly. There is a whole thread (but not many posts and not useful yet) on the 058 error. Now I have an intermittent a064 error (front pax safety restraint system fault) that I have an appointment for.
Ugh, what a mess! So RCM2_a058 was fixed in the driver's side door? I'm at a loss as to how they're going to figure this out since my error is reasonably intermittent... Was that constant for you, i.e. easier for Tesla to find and resolve?

Yes, my first two were on solid so they got to them. One with a remote service visit and the second in the shop for a week. This third one is intermittent so it will be very troublesome to nail down. The week it was in the shop, they resolved the SRS fault on the first day and I am not sure why it was there the rest of the week.... I had a P85 loaner so I was not hard up but it is super inconvenient. There are many many reports of SRS errors on the board and other forums.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
Yes, my first two were on solid so they got to them. One with a remote service visit and the second in the shop for a week. This third one is intermittent so it will be very troublesome to nail down. The week it was in the shop, they resolved the SRS fault on the first day and I am not sure why it was there the rest of the week.... I had a P85 loaner so I was not hard up but it is super inconvenient. There are many many reports of SRS errors on the board and other forums.
Super annoying... I will have to expect my car to go back into service many times, and if it doesn't - great, but I'll expect it, especially with the intermittency. :(