Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Safety Restraint System Fault Refresh S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this too. Comes and goes. Stayed on for 4 full days, then went back to comes and goes again. Going in to service on the 22nd.

Based on my car in service for this issue (for 2 weeks - they still have it), and Tesla's solution and what actual customers are saying was the eventual problem, Tesla doesn't know how to actually track down he problem, and the error can be related to a multitude of actual issues. Tesla tells me they have the steering control module on order, whereas another customers has said Tesla then communicated it was something in one of the pillars - a loose ground. I fully expect my car to go back into service many times for this problem.

Based on my car in service for this issue (for 2 weeks - they still have it), and Tesla's solution and what actual customers are saying was the eventual problem, Tesla doesn't know how to actually track down he problem, and the error can be related to a multitude of actual issues. Tesla tells me they have the steering control module on order, whereas another customers has said Tesla then communicated it was something in one of the pillars - a loose ground. I fully expect my car to go back into service many times for this problem.
yea not taking mine in cause I do not think they know the fix yet

Reactions: WilliamG
I got the below message from my SC earlier today - note they’ve had my car for over two weeks already trying to troubleshoot the safety restraint errors 🤦‍♂️

Hi Marc, while we were doing our final test drive to verify the safety restraint alert, it came back on. After further diagnosis, we found the new lower dash harness that we installed was defective. A new one has been ordered for you. Therefore, I am updating the ETC to 1/7 for now. Sorry about the delay.

I have had three different ones since delivery in three months. First resolved by a Ranger visit (bad ground drivers side lower footwell), second was a week in the shop to find a ‘soft set’ connector in the steering column (meaning connector was loose) and third was passenger side and resolved in under 3 hours while I waiting and was a ‘wiring issue’

Not Tesla bashing at all as I love my car but I am amazed at how many reports there are apropos SRS errors which is life safety equipment and mission critical !

Hey Blue Stuff I know is almost a year ago but I’m having the same issue do you know by chance what ground was? Does anyone knows? Thanks
Last year there were no details on the invoice. When I asked what they fixed their response was "It was from a loose ground connector that was causing the issue. We installed a new ground and it was working as it should" - nothing specific.

That wasn't the end of it as the RCM2_a052 error came back a couple of months ago. This time they replaced the Steering Column Control Module. Fixed for now.

Reactions: Nintendo80
That was my first (out of 12..yes 12) visits to the SC for SRS faults.... If you pull the carpet back (on the Palladium S) in the left footwell at the bottom right of the door opening you will find a large wiring lug with a bunch of wires going to it. Remove it, clean the paint of the metal chassis and reinstall. Ultimately and finally, Tesla replaced both wiring harnesses in the car, every airbag, the steering column control computer and the main SRS control computer. Everything.....now (knock on wood) I am 10,000 kms since my last SC visit.... so much money and time spent because somebody could not do their job when assembling the harness....

Reactions: Nintendo80