TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Front seat a bit uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by RDoc, Oct 4, 2016.

1. RDoc

RDoc S85D

I find the front seat back to be a bit uncomfortable even after messing around with the settings a lot. The problem is that there's a harder section across the seat just above the lumbar support and below the recessed area in the top half or so of the seat. For me, that hits my back too high. It's not terrible, but on long trips it becomes annoying.

Any thoughts?

2. goofygrin

goofygrin Member

Same issue... I think my shoulders are a bit broad as well. Feels like the Recaros in my old air cooled Porsche squeezing me and not providing the right support.

In a prior car, I had to set the seat more upright in order to relieve this pressure. I've not yet found a place where I'm truly comfortable.

3. TES-E

TES-E Member

I don't know if the newer seats are any different, but I find the seats in my two year old MS to be excellent for long trips (2 days) as well as trips to get groceries.

4. MikingCO

MikingCO Member

I find the next gen seats to be very uncomfortable. I have multi-textile seats in mine and love them.

5. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

I was not a fan of the Next Gens either. I've got the premium seats, they are a very nice place to be :)

6. RobW2428

RobW2428 Member

So are the "premium" you guys talk about the ones in the middle pic below (the "black leather seats")?

I've only done a test drive in next gen seats, but I don't think I did a good enough job moving the lumbar up/down to get it to feel great.

Which seats would you guys suggest?

upload_2016-10-6_17-9-16.png

upload_2016-10-6_17-8-30.png
    upload_2016-10-6_17-9-54.png

7. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

No. The premium seats are only available on the performance models at this time. Click on P100D or 90D and then P90D in order to reveal them. They are basically the same seats as in the model X. They are very soft and comfortable with less side bolstering than the Next Gens. Black/Tan come in the ventilated variety, Ultra White does not. I don't think the images on the ordering website reflect what the seats actually look like.

Here are some pictures of them: New 'Premium' seats for P90D and P100D

8. RobW2428

RobW2428 Member

Gotcha. Makes sense.