Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front seat belts rub against neck - very bothersome

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model X has an adjustment for the belt in the B pillar. Doesn't make sense that the Model S is missing this. My 2011 Nissan Leaf and almost every car has this now.

It would be good to know the vertical range, at the B-pillar. Glad Model X addressed it, because I suffer from the same issue. I use a brass buckle to link the Model S belts together, before they go into the clip.

I am not just going to put a seat someplace I don't want it, so that the belt gets off my neck. I already do that, when I want to be close enough to use the screen :redface: .

Can you post a pic? My seat belts don't seem to have a twist, and I think I would notice. That sort of thing would drive me nuts!
I know longer own a model S but I can tell you I had the same problem with the half twist it is fixable in about 10 seconds if I recall you take the seatbelt strap that goes up to your shoulder and fold it over on itself. Looks like a triangle. it kind of looks like the beginning of a paper football that you made as a kid and then you slide the adjustable part over it while making sure the fold doesn't release. It will release obviously on it's own once the adjustable part slides over it That explanation might be a little bit off but the service guy did it for me at my house when I had the same complaint while he was fixing other things it was so simple

Last edited: