Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front seat comfort

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just completed our first longish drive today in the M3 and the wife is not happy. About an hour in, she reported some significant tailbone discomfort, to the point where she had to take off her shoes and sit cross-legged in order to partially alleviate it. Her seat belt was also cutting into her neck for most of the trip. She is probably around 5'4". I've already adjusted the seatbelt height to its lowest position.

I was perfectly comfortable in my seat, and after sitting in hers for a minute or so I couldn't sense any obvious differences between her seat and mine. I don't think anything is jabbing into her but I could be wrong.

Anyone else dealing with this? Suggestions?? We are heading back in a few days and I would very much like a more peaceful drive ;)

Odd. I'd say to keep adjusting and playing with angles.

The seat is on the "overly stuffed" side IMO. Tailbone shouldn't hurt on the M3 more than any other car as it should have more give.

Can the passenger seat be raised? I can't remember. It's either that or buy a cushion for the ride home.

I had a similar issue. I felt like the lumbar support was always digging into my tailbone no matter how much I deflated it. So the adjustment I made was to raise the balloon as high as it would go (using the "up" button", then deflate it. This made it feel like I got it out of the way. Much more comfortable since then.

We just completed our first longish drive today in the M3 and the wife is not happy. About an hour in, she reported some significant tailbone discomfort, to the point where she had to take off her shoes and sit cross-legged in order to partially alleviate it. Her seat belt was also cutting into her neck for most of the trip. She is probably around 5'4". I've already adjusted the seatbelt height to its lowest position.

I was perfectly comfortable in my seat, and after sitting in hers for a minute or so I couldn't sense any obvious differences between her seat and mine. I don't think anything is jabbing into her but I could be wrong.

Anyone else dealing with this? Suggestions?? We are heading back in a few days and I would very much like a more peaceful drive ;)
I'm with your wife, although 6 ft and 250+, I still seem to get some really low back stress.

This thread got dark pretty quick ... :p

She seemed better on the drive back. Some combination of messing with lumbar, taking off her shoes, and scooting the seat back. I hope she figures out the magic formula soon!

The soft seat belt pad is a no go. She runs hot as it is, I doubt she wants to feel like she's being softly strangled by a fluffy snake for 3 hours.