Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front seat heaters not very warm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 (built 05/2016) with the subzero package and ventilated front seats. When I put the seat heaters on level 3 for the two front seats and the two second row seats I am finding the two second row seats heat up and get warm in about 3 minutes whereas the front two seats are only slightly warm after 6 minutes. Is this the expected behavior?

It also seems the heat is coming from only the back of the seat and not the bottom on all 4 seats I tested which seems strange as well.

Early 2016 build and all the seat heaters will cook turkey dinner. The seats feel hotter than the back but that is probably related to wearing an insulating jacket. Check it out with a temp gun or thermo camera and have the service center fix whatever.

Early 2016 build and all the seat heaters will cook turkey dinner. The seats feel hotter than the back but that is probably related to wearing an insulating jacket. Check it out with a temp gun or thermo camera and have the service center fix whatever.

Good to know! Do yours activate if no one is in the seat? I'm also finding mine do not turn on unless someone is sitting in the seat.