TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Front seatbelt locking?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by tdiggity, Apr 8, 2013.

1. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

Has anyone experienced the front seatbelt locking and not letting up? After taking a few turns quickly, or accelerating hard, the seatbelt does the right thing and locks so I don't go flying out of the seat. But, once that is done, it doesn't loosen up again. It's happened a couple times already. The only way to fix it is to unlatch the seatbelt.

2. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Yes happened to me today after hard acceleration... Had to unbuckle and rebuckle.

3. Kaivball

Kaivball Member

Exhale and create some slack. That releases the locking mechanism.

4. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

#4 tdiggity, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
    I've got a slim build, and this can't be done in my case.

5. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Yes, I have this problem and I hate it. Even just straight line acceleration causes it to lock, and since I'm pushed back into my seat at the time it's very hard to get it to unlatch. Another side effect is that the lining of the column now makes creaking noises right in my ear, because of the strain. I'm about to take it to service AGAIN to see if they can do something about the creaking noise.

I have a theory the the acceleration sensor is mounted backwards or something, making it more sensitive in the wrong direction.

6. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

Yea, i've got the creeking too. Let me know if they can fix it!