Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front splash guards not connected on the bottom?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the front splash guards are loose at the bottom on both sides of my 1.5. Is this normal, or should they be attached in some way down there? Maybe "splash guard" isn't the correct term, so please correct me. It's the plastic bit between the front of the car and the tire.
IMG_1582.jpg
IMG_1584.jpg

They are kept flush on the outside (paint side) by adhesive tape, but only the shape of the rubber holds them in place on the lower portion pictured. The older they get the more they get distorted. You can use some clear silicone to secure it back in place if desired.

There is a double-sided foam tape strip that helps keep the splash guard in place. It tends to get pulled apart - especially if your mud flap bottoms out (a not-so-rare occurrence). I think it's that grey strip inside the guard in your pictures.

There is a double-sided foam tape strip that helps keep the splash guard in place. It tends to get pulled apart - especially if your mud flap bottoms out (a not-so-rare occurrence). I think it's that grey strip inside the guard in your pictures.
That's a pretty good idea. I'll clean mine up, use double sided tape, and report back. I have some of the tape used to apply letters to the car. That should work.