Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front spoiler and rear diffuser replacement on a 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi TMC,

I just got my new carbon front lower spoiler and rear diffuser from Carl Medlock and will attempt to do the change myself (unless someone here strongly recommends against it). I'd like to know if anyone has any experience to share in removing/replacing these parts themselves and any tips you might have to share. I look forward to the responses and even more forward to seeing these fabulous parts on my roadster.

Thanks!

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. The front lip has sections on both ends that extend into the front bumper (in my case, I have a 2.0 with the original grill). These extensions are long enough that when unbolting everything, it can't just slip out so easily. I'll crawl under the car and take a look at the back and inspect the new part. Hopefully that one could be a simple 14+ unbolt-bolt exercise.

Thanks!

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. The front lip has sections on both ends that extend into the front bumper (in my case, I have a 2.0 with the original grill). These extensions are long enough that when unbolting everything, it can't just slip out so easily. I'll crawl under the car and take a look at the back and inspect the new part. Hopefully that one could be a simple 14+ unbolt-bolt exercise.

Thanks!

I'd contact Carl for advice since these are his products.

Recently installed the front on my 2.0 and it's easy. Once all the lower bolts are out, the bumper has enough flex to allow the spoiler in and out without much effort.

On the rear, there are a bunch of bolts (8 and 10mm) holding the diffuser to the metal undertray. Remove the undertray first, with the side "winglets" attached to it. With the undertray out of the way, get under the car and remove the screws holding the diffuser to the plastic mesh. Installation is reverse of above.

Reactions: DeedWest