Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Subframe Skid Plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping someone can help me out on this one. I have been having a persistent issue with my X where I hear a clicking sound both in the car (localized in the steering wheel) and outside of it as well. Basically whenever I turn the wheel you can hear a noticeable clicking sound and its louder when the car is stationary, say when I put it in reverse to back into my garage. At any rate It has been in service 4 times because of this (as well as other issues) and each time I was told the bash plate was readjusted and that fixed the issue. Well I dropped my car off yesterday cause the half shafts were acting up and this time they said they took everything apart and REPLACED the skid plate and the clicking issue is gone.

Not trying to question the fix but since I am not due to pick up until tomorrow I was hoping someone can tell me what that skid plate does so I can try and work it out in my brain that it was the cause of the clicking sound that has plagued my car since taking delivery?

Thanks for the help!!!

Nuts