Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front suspension drops super low overnight off and on problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model X is there because half of the times I wake up in the morning and go to the car for the first time my front air suspension is completely low. Once I approach the car with the key fob and get close enough to the door then I hear it air up to where it should be. For the rest of the day the suspension does maintain the level that I have preset at up. It’s only the overnight stay that causes it at times to go to super low just in the front suspension. Hopefully this is a sensor and not a major expense.

Well after they’ve had it for a week at the service center, one mechanic passed it on to a master mechanic and they have ruled out everything and come to the conclusion that the struts have a leak on the front suspension and they need to be replaced. It’s a $3000 repair but thank goodness for the extended warranty it’s only a $200 deductible for me. I hope this helps someone else is having similar problems like I do. They’re going to get the parts from the surrounding Tesla service Center’s so I can get them installed as soon as possible give me the car back.

Ian B

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
I finally got the car back last Thursday and it’s been fully repaired. Apparently both struts had a leak Which needed replacing and because they could not get the parts from the Fremont factory fast enough, they outsource all the parts from the service centers around here in the state of Texas. It took 10 days but I finally got it back and I am so happy and loving it one more time.

Reactions: Genie and mongo