Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

front tire camber

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any suspension gurus know the maximum negative camber i can get from the stock bolt? i want to help my front tires from rolling over too much.
2015-03-17 01.40.49 - Copy.jpg
2015-03-17 01.38.56 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
You should claim warranty from the tire manufacturer for the tires losing chunks. That's some premature wear! You must have some serious positive camber or something. Around -1 degree for the front's are normal, but you should really check that alignment or claim a bad tire and get credit.

had to chuck the front left after 6k miles. started to lose chunks and show cords.

m42309b.jpg

All these such posts worry me. For a new owner, what are the recommendations for an alignment. In my previous cars, I've always gotten lifetimes from a local shop, but I didn't do them until after a year into ownership and then every 6 mo thereafter. Wondering if I should do the same with the S or treat it differently. I'm on 19s w/ air if it makes a difference.

All these such posts worry me. For a new owner, what are the recommendations for an alignment. In my previous cars, I've always gotten lifetimes from a local shop, but I didn't do them until after a year into ownership and then every 6 mo thereafter. Wondering if I should do the same with the S or treat it differently. I'm on 19s w/ air if it makes a difference.

It's not just Tesla. Almost every car I have purchased has had poor alignment on delivery. Some were worse than others. It's typical that shipping knocks out the alignment for a variety of reasons. Many people just don't realize it because unless is extreme they tend to think cheap OE tires.

Wow! I have had no problems with the fronts. It's the rears that are a problem on 21's due to the dialed in scrub from Tesla. You must be way out of whack. I would talk with Tesla about it. Not sure how long you have owned your car or if it has the original factory alignment. It has been a problem for many.