TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

front tire camber

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Puff, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Puff

Puff Member

#1 Puff, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    any suspension gurus know the maximum negative camber i can get from the stock bolt? i want to help my front tires from rolling over too much.
    2015-03-17 01.40.49 - Copy.jpg 2015-03-17 01.38.56 - Copy.jpg

2. Puff

Puff Member

#2 Puff, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
    had to chuck the front left after 6k miles. started to lose chunks and show cords.

m42309b.jpg

3. pimp-boy

pimp-boy Member

You should claim warranty from the tire manufacturer for the tires losing chunks. That's some premature wear! You must have some serious positive camber or something. Around -1 degree for the front's are normal, but you should really check that alignment or claim a bad tire and get credit.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Based on the pictures, I doubt any tire manufacturer would warranty the tires except as a goodwill measure. It's pretty obvious that it's alignment.

5. Puff

Puff Member

thats what i was thinking.

6. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

All these such posts worry me. For a new owner, what are the recommendations for an alignment. In my previous cars, I've always gotten lifetimes from a local shop, but I didn't do them until after a year into ownership and then every 6 mo thereafter. Wondering if I should do the same with the S or treat it differently. I'm on 19s w/ air if it makes a difference.

7. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

It's not just Tesla. Almost every car I have purchased has had poor alignment on delivery. Some were worse than others. It's typical that shipping knocks out the alignment for a variety of reasons. Many people just don't realize it because unless is extreme they tend to think cheap OE tires.

8. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Wow! I have had no problems with the fronts. It's the rears that are a problem on 21's due to the dialed in scrub from Tesla. You must be way out of whack. I would talk with Tesla about it. Not sure how long you have owned your car or if it has the original factory alignment. It has been a problem for many.