Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model X Frunk is unable to open. The car is only 6 months old.

It pops up, but stays latched. It is NOT in valet mode and I have even tried the emergency open rapid response toggles but also only pops open and stays latched. There is no way I can get the frunk to open up, other than popping up and staying latched.

The local Tesla service centre is pretty useless....they can only help me a month from now.

Has anyone had this issue, or perhaps have a solution to open it up?

It is quite a big concern, especially in case of an emergency - if the Frunk has no way to be opened...

I suggest you drive down to the service centre, 10 minutes before it is due to open, and be first in line. Say you are a 'walk in' because you can't open the frunk. This is something they should be able to look at while you wait.

I suggest you drive down to the service centre, 10 minutes before it is due to open, and be first in line. Say you are a 'walk in' because you can't open the frunk. This is something they should be able to look at while you wait.

Thanks Mark, yea I reckon I will need to do that.

Waiting a month for this to be looked at is not really acceptable as it is a safety concern. If I end up in an accident and emergency first responders need to cut the main power wires inside the frunk....but that's also assuming emergency response in Hong Kong would actually be competent enough to even know about doing that...:eek:

I suspect that if emergency first responders really wanted to get into the frunk, they could find a way. Probably involving a big crowbar.

But, this should be a quick fix for Tesla - something their 'ludicrous mode' lane in their service department should be able to handle for you.

You can open the frunk manually from the front bumper, a little known secret that allows anyone to access the frunk. That's why you should never put your valuables up in there. Check out this old video by LIKE TESLA: