Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front UCA replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is having FRONT inner tire wear and the alignment is set to max positive and still its out of spec. I got the N2itive kit for the rear and it works amazing so now I'm on the hunt for a front fix for the camber. the logic is like 99% likely to be caused by me installing the N2itive lowering links the back can adjust to not have to worry but since the front has only an eccentric bolt its maxed out and I need a larger adjustability.

I found this one and I can't seem to find a vendor that is in the USA so I'd expect shipping from Australia to be about $200+/- but that is still about $850 out the door after currency difference and shipping. Considering how the factory arms are like pennies and its a simple part I'd think there would be a lower price but all i find is €950 or AU$1200 so these folks seem to have the best price at AU$855

I found this one too, looks to be an identical design and sold in the USA

Has anyone installed an aftermarket UCA on their tesla or anyone have experience with the brand Hardrace as that is who seems to make these arms.

Last edited:
I bought the Truhart ones and they seem to be good. But I'll add some advice if anyone else buys them.

Don't tighten the main nut until they are installed it makes it a ton easier to get the bolts in place. To tighten them you need a 26mm crowfoot wrench, I couldn't find one so I got a 22mm and hit it with the grinder till it fit the nut.

Also the front bolt is a major PITA to get installed with the air shock in place. I did it but damn it sucks because there is a ridge on the frame that the bolt doesn't clear so you have to hit the bolt from the nut side to get it to fall out. For installation I used one of those tight space claw grabbers and got it started then I used a long ass flathead screwdriver (like 2ft long) and with a bit of wiggling and leverage I got the bolt to go all the way in. A way to avoid that would be to grind a bit off the bolt but I didn't think of that till after the fact.

For how long to extend the mount I did some rough measurements with tape on the garage floor and eyeballed it to 11 turns and that worked but after I got the alignment done it seems to have left only a small bit of adjustibility so I'd suggest doing 13 turns. This is not representative of the attached pic, I took the pic before alignment and didn't take one after but trust me the adjustment part is nearly maxed out.

For the air suspension mount point it's in the right but wrong spot. The bracket is supposed to bolt to there and the ball mounts to the bracket similar to the stock one. But the hole is the exact spot the ball needs to be so you have to drill and tap a new hole so the ball ends up in the right location. The spot where the threads on the back of the ball and the nut holding it need to be right over the middle of the factory hole so measure and drill accordingly, I measured it but I forget what the distance was right around an inch I think. If this is confusing I can take a pic next time I swap out my tires to better explain.

P_20220117_195221.jpg

IMG_20220124_100224.jpg

Reactions: Huachipato