Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front USB not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone else has this... My front 2 USB are not working. USB worked on 36.2 and 39.5, then stopped working about after 5 days on 39.5. Stopped working about 2 days ago, got 39.6 today and still not working. Rears have always worked. Obviously tried both ports, different cables, different devices, ext with no luck.

While on an hour long call with support, they also noted that my maps update failed 19 days ago (before I got the car), firmware mismatch, and the fans are throwing errors. They are sending Ranger to look at USB to ensure it is not just a lose connection, but said good chance I will need to have the issue escalated to engineering due to map and firmware failure.

Just wanted to see if anyone has had anything similar?

Thanks all!

I think y'all should differentiate between front USB working and dashcam failing to work. There were known issues with the dashcam feature messing up the file system and incomplete files. Reformat the drives and see if it starts up. I've had no issues with the dashcam failing in the most recent update whereas before it was frequent.

I tried a USB drive today with the two partitions formatted FAT32 for Music and Dashcam as per instructions on another thread. Everything worked briefly... I was able to listen to music and the icon appeared indicating the dash cam was 'live'.

Now both of the front USB ports appear to be dead :( My phone won't charge anymore and the other one connect to the USB drive doesn't even light up (it has a little orange LED that normally flashes during file transfer activity). I've tried resetting the display with the two scroll wheel push but to no avail. The USB drive was a Sandisk so not a no name brand.

Any ideas? (I've posted a question to Tesla support)

I tried a USB drive today with the two partitions formatted FAT32 for Music and Dashcam as per instructions on another thread. Everything worked briefly... I was able to listen to music and the icon appeared indicating the dash cam was 'live'.

Now both of the front USB ports appear to be dead :( My phone won't charge anymore and the other one connect to the USB drive doesn't even light up (it has a little orange LED that normally flashes during file transfer activity). I've tried resetting the display with the two scroll wheel push but to no avail. The USB drive was a Sandisk so not a no name brand.

Any ideas? (I've posted a question to Tesla support)

If you're not even able to charge you definitely need to take it to the service center.