Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front vents not moving much air even on 10

Bloomj

Jun 8, 2019
South Carolina
Having issues with ac. Dash vents don’t put out much air at all. Tried floor seems a little better but not like it used to be. 85 degree day today... the car used to freeze me out if I let it. Also noticed a whiring / wobble noise from the vents.

Hoping mobile service can fix this...

Kevy Baby

Dis-Member
Aug 11, 2019
Brea, CA
Dash vents don’t put out much air at all. Tried floor seems a little better but not like it used to be.

It is sounding like a service issue, but I did want to address that if you redirect to the floor, that takes away from dash vents. I was going to ask if have the dash output selected in the AC?

Bloomj

Jun 8, 2019
South Carolina
It is sounding like a service issue, but I did want to address that if you redirect to the floor, that takes away from dash vents. I was going to ask if have the dash output selected in the AC?

I tried all sorts of settings from dash to defroster to floor - none seemed to work. After I left the car sitting for a few hours I went and turned it on and the noise was gone and the air seemed to blow about right. I guess I have a blower motor or bearing going out that shows itself when it has run a while.

Last edited:

Kevy Baby

Dis-Member
Aug 11, 2019
Brea, CA
I tried all sorts of settings from dash to defroster to floor - none seemed to work. After I left the car sitting for a few hours I went and turned it on and the noise was gone and the air seemed to blow about right. I guess I have a blower motor or bearing going out that shows itself when it has run a while.
Yep: sounds like a service call is in order here.

Reactions: hcdavis3

angelman

Jul 7, 2018
los angeles
did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue or something similar. Took it to Tesla today and they couldn't find any problem. Air blows around the driver but not directly in front. With the vent position set to the middle and strength of 10 you can feel the power of the air on the sides but it's very reduced in the middle. I found that after a while of driving (or randomly) it would suddenly kick in and blast me in the face with cold air.. but rarely. Took it to the SC and they checked the actuators but couldn't see anything wrong. It's a bit tough to describe and being intermittent a little hard to diagnose. Not sure what I should do. Trying to get these small things fixed before I go out of warranty soon.

Bloomj

Jun 8, 2019
South Carolina
I haven’t had the issue since the day I posted. we were on a road trip and had a bunch of stuff in floor area behind the drivers seat. I think it may have blocked airflow to the point that it messed up the system temporarily. No issues since I removed everything from the floor area and I now know to keep it clear...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC