TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Front view camera

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Bignikk, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Bignikk

Bignikk Member

Happy Friday everyone.
    I would like to know if anyone has replaced their rear view mirror in their model S?
    I would like to get a frontal view of the car when parking close to curbs but while I appreciate forum members' contributions to integrating the camera feed into the front display, I am looking for something a bit more low-tech. I was thinking of a front camera connected to a replacement rear-view mirror. These are about $200 Canadian installed. Thoughts? Experiences? Thanks so much.

2. Bignikk

Bignikk Member

My apprehension comes from the integrated twilight sensor (2013 p85 pre so) in my rear view mirror.