Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front windscreen misting up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here in the UK it is about 35 degrees F. As soon as I put the heater on the front windscreen mists up. it means that I have to pull over and wait until it clears which takes a couple of minutes. This is a regular occurence. It appears that the heater is pulling through air with a high water content. I took my car to a jet wash a couple of days after I received it ( It is now week 3 ), could I have soaked anything which is causing this problem, or do all Tesla S's behave in this way?

The Tesla likes to use recirc, which is bad for condensation. Manually switch the system to fresh air and it should be a lot better. You might want to try different vent settings as well. Also, the defogger button has two settings, push twice (turns red) for max defog.

The Tesla likes to use recirc, which is bad for condensation.

+1 for that. It switches over to recirc *very* readily at cool temperatures, presumably to make cabin heating more efficient. I have to manually switch it to non-recirc on my morning commute whenever it's below about 25F.

Pre-heating in my garage puts off the moment of reckoning by a few miles, but eventually the fog catches up unless I turn recirc off.