Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front windshield UV protection clear tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, everyone! I'm waiting on my Model X LR+ and I am wondering if anyone has installed UV protection clear tint on the massive front windshield. If you haven't, do you wish you had it? I worry about the rays and heat coming through that big of a window. Thanks!

still debating, in the mean time, I use the front windshield sunshade that comes with the X.

What bothers me the most is the sun comes into driver and/or passenger front windows (even with tint) where the visor in X is lame and useless because it can not be used to block the sun like the traditional visor.

still debating, in the mean time, I use the front windshield sunshade that comes with the X.

What bothers me the most is the sun comes into driver and/or passenger front windows (even with tint) where the visor in X is lame and useless because it can not be used to block the sun like the traditional visor.
How could the sun come in even with tint? I plant to get UV blocking tint.

I got 50% windshield, 20% all others, i wish i could block more sun from the windshield, living in Florida it a must, it save on your AC feel comfortable, without it i think it will be bad

I’m unfamiliar with how DMV tags are in TX but if you must have one inside tinted glass, use a piece of transparency (to the younger ones its a film used on overhead projectors). Transparency film is cheap office supplies and won’t warp in heat so your tags will not wrinkle. Stick the tag to the film, cut to shape, then just use a bit of regular 3M office tape (1/4” overlap should do it).

I use this for parking stickers so I can move it from car to car