Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Windshield Vents Retrofit Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the front windshield vents retrofitted into my MS 1 week ago, I was told it was the first one they did in the Seattle Service Center so here are some pics of what they look like. Since the weather is not as cold, I don't know if it completely resolves the fogging issue I had.

FrontVents-(3).jpg

FrontVents-(5).jpg

FrontVents-(8).jpg

FrontVents-(10).jpg

FrontVents-(11).jpg

This was the fogging issue I had when I drove to Leavenworth, WA back in December.

FoggingIssue.jpg

Thanks for posting the pix; I'll try to remember to look at what they look like now. Did Seattle contact you, or did you have to contact them? I just wonder if they're handling this like a recall, where they notify us, or thousands of people have to know about this and know to contact Tesla. Or are they just handling it any time a car comes in with the old vents? (That's how I was told the rear badge would be handled, once they got them in.)

It is a bit fuzzy. I told them months ago about the fogging issue. Then, last week I was in the service center for another issue and they told me that the vent parts are in and they will replace it at the same time. So I think it was based on my request.

Francis - thanks for the post. I've had issues with fogging at night in San Diego and just humidity. I've noticed the ac on auto doesn't turn on automatically at night, but when it i manually turn it on the fog clears up relatively well. I think I may have to go your route. Is it a problem with vent placement and the cover?

Francis - thanks for the post. I've had issues with fogging at night in San Diego and just humidity. I've noticed the ac on auto doesn't turn on automatically at night, but when it i manually turn it on the fog clears up relatively well. I think I may have to go your route. Is it a problem with vent placement and the cover?

I did not see exactly what they replaced. They have definitely replaced the original mesh with one that has the vents in them. I am not sure if they replaced anything beneath it. The replacement mesh's vents have fixed blades and they are spaced and tilted to divert air all across the windshield; even to the far corners where I had fogging.

It is hard for me to confirm if it completely fixes the fogging issue since Seattle's weather is quite nice now. Maybe one of the colder climate MS owners with this retrofit can chime in to say if it fully resolved the fogging issue for them.