Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frozen handle and windows.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have the details as I have not noticed this in action? Only had two icy days so far so will look more closely next time. Would be interested to know the temp as we can get very hard ground frost so frozen car yet air temp readings hasn't gone below freezing and it has not rained.
I don't know if the UK was included and yours is a much newer car. Perhaps they don't have the feature yet. Contact Tesla.

Do you have the details as I have not noticed this in action? Only had two icy days so far so will look more closely next time. Would be interested to know the temp as we can get very hard ground frost so frozen car yet air temp readings hasn't gone below freezing and it has not rained.

Here is an article on it. Though this was in 2018... so who knows what has changed since. -- https://electrek.co/2018/11/22/tesla-model-3-software-update-cold-weather-issues/

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
The 1/4" drop occurs when closing the door and it is near freezing. It does not drop on its own when the car is charging or asleep. The current version of the software does not seem to drop the window as far as it did last year. Last year, when cold, the window would drop just below the chrome trim when closing, if frozen. This year the window remains above the trim when frozen. Something has changed between last winter and this year.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger