Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frozen Touch Screen

How often have you had to reboot your console and how long have you had your car?

• Once

• Twice

• Three times

• More than three

• Less Than 6 Months

• Less Than a Year

• Over a Year

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the new world of driving.
So we all have - in effect - bought iPhones on wheels.
My touch screen froze and I performed the screen reset procedure (hold down both scroll wheels until the screen goes black) - this resolved it.

I have had the car since the beginning of June.

I assume this will happen again - how often does this happen to ya'll - just curious?

The first time it worried me, I was driving on the freeway doing 70 MPH, on A/P. Kept driving and in about a minute all was back to normal.
The second time it annoyed me because my passenger freaked out. Despite my assurances that all was well. After the car rested for about an hour, all systems normal.
I say, "Its a computer that drives, these things happens".

• Funny
Reactions: YourNickName
First time I had to reboot today. I think it was because I read this thread! The screen was displaying okay, but I was unable to selecting anything (music, A/C, etc.). Touching any of the icons would do nothing. So, pulled over and rebooted. Then all was okay again. ( I have rebooted previously for whatever reasons, but this was the first time I needed to, as the screen was froze)

I've had my M3 since 9/20. I've only put 5300 miles on it but have never had this problem. However, lately when I get in the car the screen stays black for perhaps 2 seconds instead of lighting up right away. That doesn't bother me and I'm assuming that has to do with the last software update.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I've had my M3 since 9/20. I've only put 5300 miles on it but have never had this problem. However, lately when I get in the car the screen stays black for perhaps 2 seconds instead of lighting up right away. That doesn't bother me and I'm assuming that has to do with the last software update.
My 3 does this most mornings.

Have had a Model 3, purchased new and picked up Sept.4, 2021. Have installed all OTA updates. Black screen has been worse in the last 3-4 weeks. At least 3 times a week, sometimes more and it takes 15-25 minutes for the reboot to bring it back up. Tesla said the Tesla Ranger won't do it, so it's a 100 mile trip. Yes, I can drive with it when black, not to happy with that, but living with it until the weather gets better, oy.