Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk Hooks Available - Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UrbanSplash

Nov 10, 2019
UK
Hi all,

I had the following today regarding frunk hooks for MY20 Model 3:

We currently have both hooks in stock at Service Center in Dartford. Price for the parts as below.

1116002-00-C (left side) - 1.10 inc VAT
1116003-00-C (right side) - 1.10 inc VAT

If you would like to use the shipping option, the cost for such service is 10.00 inc VAT. Shipping is carried out by TNT courier with delivery on the next working day (if we process and finish the order before 12 o'clock).

Snap on the OP’s email yesterday from Dartford. I’d emailed parts on the 6th I think.

Stand to be correct - but I’m inferring from the bulk handling of the queries a supply issue on the hooks - at least for the UK. Wonder if they’re in the Tesla UK store now...(checks - no relevant hits for frunk/hook/hooks).

Snap on the OP’s email yesterday from Dartford. I’d emailed parts on the 6th I think.

Stand to be correct - but I’m inferring from the bulk handling of the queries a supply issue on the hooks - at least for the UK. Wonder if they’re in the Tesla UK store now...(checks - no relevant hits for frunk/hook/hooks).

I doubt they will ever be in the store. They are car parts, not accessories.

Hi all,

I had the following today regarding frunk hooks for MY20 Model 3:

We currently have both hooks in stock at Service Center in Dartford. Price for the parts as below.

1116002-00-C (left side) - 1.10 inc VAT
1116003-00-C (right side) - 1.10 inc VAT

If you would like to use the shipping option, the cost for such service is 10.00 inc VAT. Shipping is carried out by TNT courier with delivery on the next working day (if we process and finish the order before 12 o'clock).

im interested in this and only in bromley.. how did you contact them? as i can see no email? thanks

This was in the individual-who-replied’s footer:
[email protected]

...seems the best option for you. Rather not give out an individual Tesla employee’s email + I used the UK parts one to start with - so that generic Dartford one seems best.

The hooks came today and I fitted them. Easy job - remove the hex head screws, snap parts in - put screws back tight. Satisfying snap feel/sound as you pull them out for use - and same plastic as surrounding frunk material.

Not fiddly to get at screw head either for a top-down tool: if it wasn’t for cost - I doubt it saved much assembly time.

The frunk looks finished/better for them - although I am yet to be convinced of their full utility as the bay doesn’t look deep enough for a carrier bag at full height, especially the reusable big things used for weekly shops. Think bottles/food will have to be on their side on a slant, defeating the hook’s usefulness somewhat I’d think. Will risk the frunk-seizing phantom this weekend and try it with the perishables!

Exciting shots of the action earlier...

33DA1559-6CAF-4280-B98E-E4ACB5FE2F66.jpeg
4C7F166E-CD64-4A6B-8812-1366D0FF70D3.jpeg
A932C719-BF53-4232-9028-C8F75B56600D.jpeg
BE45FC83-8508-484F-AA5D-DBBB6F5999AC.jpeg

Reactions: Gatsojon
My email reply today from Tesla...

Unfortunately, all UK stock of these frunk hooks has been pulled back to our Parts Distribution Centre in the Netherlands so it can be made available for online orders.

They will be added to our online store in the very near future.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Order Parts UK Team

I simply can't understand why these Frunk hooks were deleted. After using the Frunk for shopping to stop it being spread all over the boot, these hooks would hold bags stable when cornering, especially when only one is in there.
Such a great idea and clearly nothing was designed to blank the holes left after they were omitted.

Hands up those who would have preferred the hooks rather than all the plastic used to manufacture the awful reg plate holders.
I bet there is enough plastic in one to make ten hooks so was hardly a cost saving scheme as some have intimated.

They add nothing to the car and if a couple of plastic screws is enough for all other suppliers, why on earth do they use them?

I thought I might as well e-mail them as well:

"Dear Sirs,

Having recently purchased a Model 3 Long Range I noticed that the frunk hooks were missing which apparently is now the case with 2020 models.

Do you have these in stock for purchase?

1116002-00-c (Left clip)
1116003-00-c (Right clip)

Thanks in advance.

Jon.

P.S A lot of late 2019 / 2020 Model 3 owners are rightly so a bit miffed that something so cheap (£1.10 each apparently) was omitted from the vehicle leaving gaping holes instead. It would be superb customer service to tell everyone that has bought one that they were available free of charge as a nice gesture or make them available to collect from local Service Centres once the COVID-19 pandemic is over!"

Let's see what they respond with!!

I wouldn't mind so much if you could actually buy them. I had to buy a frunk mat (£32) off the Tesla website even though other people have managed to get one for free in the past.

Also had a phone call from Tesla Bristol to let me know that the cost of making up some plates for my private reg would be £32+VAT. Other people have had them for free too.

Unfortunately, this is the way things seem to be :( I suppose we should consider ourselves fortunate that in a few months time you actually get 4 wheels when you buy the car :)

Reactions: Jez_GB