Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk Hooks Available - Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't mind so much if you could actually buy them. I had to buy a frunk mat (£32) off the Tesla website even though other people have managed to get one for free in the past.

Also had a phone call from Tesla Bristol to let me know that the cost of making up some plates for my private reg would be £32+VAT. Other people have had them for free too.

Unfortunately, this is the way things seem to be :( I suppose we should consider ourselves fortunate that in a few months time you actually get 4 wheels when you buy the car :)

I believe my girlfriend's parents have bought me a decent Frunk Mat for my birthday in a couple of weeks so that solves that one! Am intrigued how people have manged to get one free though - anyone that has wish to comment?

I would go back to Bristol & question why, when other Service Centres will do the plates for free why they cant, although I've heard most that have requested & were given them were when they picked their new car up!

I thought I might as well e-mail them as well:

"Dear Sirs,

Having recently purchased a Model 3 Long Range I noticed that the frunk hooks were missing which apparently is now the case with 2020 models.

Do you have these in stock for purchase?

1116002-00-c (Left clip)
1116003-00-c (Right clip)

Thanks in advance.

Jon.

P.S A lot of late 2019 / 2020 Model 3 owners are rightly so a bit miffed that something so cheap (£1.10 each apparently) was omitted from the vehicle leaving gaping holes instead. It would be superb customer service to tell everyone that has bought one that they were available free of charge as a nice gesture or make them available to collect from local Service Centres once the COVID-19 pandemic is over!"

Let's see what they respond with!!

This is reply I got from Tesla regarding Frunk Hooks:

Hi,

Unfortunately, all UK stock of these frunk hooks has been pulled back to our Parts Distribution Centre in the Netherlands so it can be made available for online orders.

They will be added to our online store in the very near future.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Order Parts UK Team
[email protected]

If they are going to be available on the Online Store, bearing in mind they only cost £1.10 each surely they aren't going to be able to ship with free delivery?? If they aren't I'm tempted to buy a few in bulk if anyone is interested so we don't all have ti pay individual P&P!

When I asked that exact question on the phone I was told that basically SCs had done free plates in the past but "realised that it was costing them money and so stopped". I don't doubt it would still be possible for people collecting cars in person to get plates made up, depending on the whims of the person they speak to, how big the SC is, etc.

As for the frunk mats, I think up to a point they were supplied with the car - like frunk hooks, then Tesla realised they didn't have to, so didn't. Again, depending on who you spoke to you might still get one of those free on collection, or it might even already be in the car.

I believe my girlfriend's parents have bought me a decent Frunk Mat for my birthday in a couple of weeks so that solves that one! Am intrigued how people have manged to get one free though - anyone that has wish to comment?

Because they were part of the spec of the car when we ordered. Same goes with Homelink.

As for getting plates made up, you can ask 3 different people at Tesla the same question and get 4 different answers. Sometimes they follow the company line, sometimes they don't know (but make something up anyway), and sometimes its because they genuinely want to help or there is a bit of a grey area. Oh, and the occasional arse.

Reactions: Durzel