Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk hooks for Model 3 are apparently no longer a thing...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vostok

Jul 1, 2017
Sydney
When I visited Tesla service at the start of the year to get my boot liner push rivets put in, I purchased a frunk mat and tyre repair kit, and ordered a pair of frunk hooks because MY2020 Model 3s no longer come with them. The guy there said they were $4 each or some trivial amount.

Anyway, Tesla contacted me today and told me that frunk hooks for Model 3 are no longer made and can't be purchased anymore.

So if someone with a MY2019 Model 3 breaks one of their frunk hooks, looks like no repair for you.

Having said that, frunk hooks are probably a low utility item, boot hooks would have been much more useful in this car.

• Informative
Reactions: TheArtieChoke
I bought a set of frunk hooks from the San Francisco store when i was there last week. $1.10 each. I reckon the frunk looks unfinished without the hooks and a mat of some sort.

upload_2020-2-11_7-27-8.png

Reactions: Vostok
Anyway, Tesla contacted me today and told me that frunk hooks for Model 3 are no longer made and can't be purchased anymore.

FYI if anyone wants the front shopping hooks that didn't come with the 2020 Model 3, they cost $1 each (so $2 for both the right and left) direct from Tesla Service Aust. ASY-M3-RBN FRUNK-RH (1116003-00-C) and ASY-M3-RBN FRUNK-LH (1116002-00-C)

Damn, was hoping on giving this when I pick up next month, I will still try though as it looks silly without.

I bought a set of frunk hooks from the San Francisco store when i was there last week. $1.10 each. I reckon the frunk looks unfinished without the hooks and a mat of some sort
You should have bought a bunch and started a secondary market :D

I agree the frunk (froot) looks unfinished without the hooks and mat. At least I now have the mat.

Okay, this is a bit later than I had intended.

This is printed using PLA on a Creality CR-10S Pro. The texture definitely doesn't match but functionally, it works great. It might match a little better with ABS but I didn't get around to trying a print with ABS filament.

Attachments

• 3D printed frunk hook.png
    3D printed frunk hook.png
    781.7 KB · Views: 85