Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk hooks for Model 3 are apparently no longer a thing...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, did they ever turn up? I emailed service after your post, inquiring about the discrepancy between their account (no longer available) and your account (ordered last week). The response? Silence...
I haven’t heard from Tesla since being at the device centre. I have subsequently discovered that I have frunk hooks installed from the factory. I thought I just had blanking caps, but I fiddled with them and they are hooks.

Last Friday I picked up my Model 3 and asked about these. He said they no longer sell them and too bad in a nice way. I pointed how unfinished it looked and he sorta shrugged and moved on.

To be fair, this person really didn't seem to like me, I pointed out some scratches on the windows and a dent in the front quarter panel and he sorta laughed and said how every Tesla is always checked over from their buyers but these issues happen to every manufacturer and don't get pulled... I said I don't really care its a brand new car. Sorry for tangent

Reactions: corndog
I just purchased some frunk hooks which have been shipped today, but was a little shocked at the price markup in Australia. Luckily I was ordering something else so shipping at least didn't come into play. In short, each hook cost AUD$15.45!
Part numbers for reference are:
ASY-M3-RBN FRUNK-LH(1116002-00-C) and ASY-M3-RBN FRUNK-RH(1116003-00-C)
Sure to be useful for transporting take-away meals for the next period...

I just purchased some frunk hooks which have been shipped today, but was a little shocked at the price markup in Australia. Luckily I was ordering something else so shipping at least didn't come into play. In short, each hook cost AUD$15.45!
Part numbers for reference are:
ASY-M3-RBN FRUNK-LH(1116002-00-C) and ASY-M3-RBN FRUNK-RH(1116003-00-C)
Sure to be useful for transporting take-away meals for the next period...

Who did you contact to purchase them?

Well I think I know why they try not use frunk hooks anymore and maybe why they are so expensive - Mine arrived today, first one went on fine, but the other had a small plastic piece break off and no longer holds in place...Hopefully they replace for free...So word of warning - these are delicate to fit.

Ah that’s good, did you end up calling them or just the original email 6 weeks ago
I never called them. I ordered them on 6 Jan when my boot rivets were installed, then followed up with the email as per my post 6+ weeks ago which was not responded to. Didn’t hear anything from them until today. I guess they don’t have any cars to deliver after tomorrow :p