Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk Hooks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks - but do you have a deep link to it?

I tried a few searches for it last night, and browsed around too - I might be being blind but I couldn’t see it. Any help appreciated.

Checked just now: my Dec 13th M3 LR has coat hooks but no frunk hooks here...

Frustratingly I did see the part codes somewhere but i'm b*****d if I can find them again; my apologies

Thanks - but do you have a deep link to them?

I tried a few searches last night, and browsed around too - I might be being blind but I couldn’t see them. Any help appreciated.

Checked just now: my Dec 13th M3 LR has coat hooks but no frunk hooks here...

The online shop is: The Official Tesla Shop | Tesla

But I had a quick look and didn't see the hooks on there ... might have missed them ...

Maybe these can be obtained as parts, rather than accessories?

Just thinking that they should be available as replacement parts for those cars that were supplied with them as standard, so maybe they won't appear in the accessory shop at all. Not sure if it's easier to get hold of the Tesla parts people than anyone else, though.

So what do the newer cars have instead of the frunk hooks? I would've assumed by doing away with them it would've been to simplify the frunk design so they'd just not have fittings for them but by the sound of things I gather they have put... Something else in their place? I guess just some plastic insert.

So what do the newer cars have instead of the frunk hooks? I would've assumed by doing away with them it would've been to simplify the frunk design so they'd just not have fittings for them but by the sound of things I gather they have put... Something else in their place? I guess just some plastic insert.

Sadly not ! Just an empty gap where they used to be :-(

That's... Really lame!

I wonder if something could be 3D printed? Tricky to get the same level of springiness I guess as the original hooks. But I guess some blanks to fill the gap would still be better than leaving gaps. (I don't have a 3D printer just throwing some ideas out here.)

That's... Really lame!

I wonder if something could be 3D printed? Tricky to get the same level of springiness I guess as the original hooks. But I guess some blanks to fill the gap would still be better than leaving gaps. (I don't have a 3D printer just throwing some ideas out here.)
This has been tried with various amounts of success, feedback though seems to suggest that the 3D printed ones are too brittle and snap easily.

Two very small shelf spaces. Ideal snugs for creepy crawlies.

I leave the hooks raised all the time - they are really useful for holding shopping bags and there's no reason to put them down again. Removing them seems like a cheapskate move on a car with a luxury price tag.

Are new drivers meant to instead use the frunk for charge cables and the sub boot for shopping bags?

Removal of the commando plug is something I can agree with. For most they will only be useful if they stay at a caravan site. It will save tens or hundreds of thousands of these adaptors being made and never used.

Are new drivers meant to instead use the frunk for charge cables and the sub boot for shopping bags?

To be honest that would be my preference but my wife likes using the frunk for shopping... unfortunately. I have already had to T-Cut scratches resulting from her leaning against the front of the car with her other bags whilst taking things in and out. I also worry about rings coming into contact with the paintwork when pushing the lid down. Our other car bears the scars of her opening the door using the same hand that she holds a bunch of keys. At least with the Tesla she doesn't need to be holding a fob with a huge bunch of scratchy keys whilst opening boot, frunk or doors!

Reactions: MrBadger
Maybe these can be obtained as parts, rather than accessories?

Just thinking that they should be available as replacement parts for those cars that were supplied with them as standard, so maybe they won't appear in the accessory shop at all. Not sure if it's easier to get hold of the Tesla parts people than anyone else, though.
They will be available as parts to buy when they come back into stock apparently.

To be honest that would be my preference but my wife likes using the frunk for shopping... unfortunately. I have already had to T-Cut scratches resulting from her leaning against the front of the car with her other bags whilst taking things in and out. I also worry about rings coming into contact with the paintwork when pushing the lid down. Our other car bears the scars of her opening the door using the same hand that she holds a bunch of keys. At least with the Tesla she doesn't need to be holding a fob with a huge bunch of scratchy keys whilst opening boot, frunk or doors!

change the wife .