Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk LED Light Strip for Model 3 or Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed an LED light strip in the frunk today, looks great imo, and obviously helps to see in the frunk at night time. Very easy install, only took me 20 minutes.

Here are the bits required:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07114RK67?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

And a couple of videos on the install, ignore the soldering, just need to use the quick connectors, and the MY has a yellow wire instead of the brown/orange wire.

And my MY install:
11199CA2-0D30-49CB-9E53-E17812A6D6BC.jpeg
DC26C2F2-C4D0-4D4F-BFDB-5232D110C037.jpeg

I've just completed my installation of this on my Model Y, but I also have the 'EVOffer' (formerly TeslaOffer) motorised frunk kit. Other difference is that I used an 'Atom' LED Neon strip as it's against my religion to purchase ANYTHING from Amazon! However I am interested to know if anyone else who has done this has observed that it appears to stop the frunk button from working to at least close the frunk, by the peered kit, but I'm guessing by deduction to also release the frunk from inside as it's supposed to? Any ideas as to how to test the release from inside are welcome as I certainly can't fit in there to try it!!