Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk mat in P+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did and one recently pick up a P+? I got mine on Thursday, and was told that there is a ‘national shortage’ of frunk mats as it was missing when I collected the car. The delivery guy said I could pick one up from my local SC, no problem.
Now the SC says they can’t give me one, as the P+ now doesn’t come with it. But at the time of order it was part of the spec! Oh, and they do have them there but it would be £32+vat to buy..

• Informative
Reactions: Keeper
I too am missing the mat. Was told at pickup time that they are no longer being supplied. I too mentioned the fact that they were in the spec at the agreed price so the the young sales guy queried it with his boss and was told. - no longer supplied. Went away with a deflated opinion of Tesla (for such a trivial issue) which won’t help their reputation (for £32+VAT saved) I have some paint and trim issues and added the missing mat within the 100 mile notification period. Got an appointment for issues to be resolved. I am hoping (and will insist) that this will be one of them. I still can’t understand their customer care and marketing strategy.

Even though I still do run with my stock frunk mat...you didn't miss out on much. I'm sure anything else would probably be better.
Still I understand your pain. Just realize that its a great car. They are getting them out to buyers as fast as they can. And your Frunk mat does not matter much.

How do I find out what was in the spec when I ordered (Premium interior 7th August order date) please?

Your car should have a mat as someone mentioned it being stopped only a few days ago.

Unfortunately, the screenshot of spec I snapped doesn't mention carpets other than "premium seat material and trim", but I still think Tesla would have a hard time arguing that it was not part of spec when you ordered.

I understand that the steering wheel will be an optional extra soon :D

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
Even though I still do run with my stock frunk mat...you didn't miss out on much. I'm sure anything else would probably be better.
Still I understand your pain. Just realize that its a great car. They are getting them out to buyers as fast as they can. And your Frunk mat does not matter much.

I would want the Frunk mat. A lot of road noise comes in through the Frunk. I bought a TuxMat for the Frunk, Trunk and Lower Trunk. And I put it on TOP of OEM Carpets. I did the same with rear seat mats. But not the front seats.

Since the Model 3 is endemic on insulation, extra Carpeting helps bring the obscene road noise down. I also stuffed the Frunk with blankets. Some folks tore out the Frunk liner and added insulation. I did a bunch of stuff to quiet the Model 3 down. I think it was tolerable after I was done. Nothing I did was permanent. Full SunScreens, custom DYI door gasket, RPM noise kit, mats everywhere (over carpets) and new P7+ tires. My wife could actually hear me on the phone (on the highway) after I did that (she could not when stock) . It felt like driving in a tin can before I did that work. but it sure was a fast tin can.

I was gonna do something with the hole in the rear deck next. But I replaced both my cars with a Model X and a Volt.

I recollect it being listed in the Premium Interior specification. I was expecting to see it as I knew what was to be provided as standard. Its the principal really. I would have paid £32+Vat less for the car and bought one had I been told it had been omitted. :rolleyes: Sad bit of dishonesty really for such a lovely car.

Reactions: Roy W.
I agree with the above sentiments. I didn't notice the missing frunk mat on my M3P+ as we were quickly ushered out of WD to make way for the next lot of cattle/owners.

If they had decided to stop including the mat they should have been open and transparent about it, and not have quietly just removed it and let us find find out for ourselves. Very shady and disappointing practice. I emailed support and also logged the missing frunk mat in the service app along with other issues I found once I had time to do a proper check at home.

It is also unfair if Tesla are sending some people the mats but refusing to supply others. Sadly, if they stick to that line, I don't see any suitable carpet replacement, and I don't want a rubber one. I really don't want to pay Tesla £38 for one as that just rubs salt in the wound.

I would want the Frunk mat. A lot of road noise comes in through the Frunk. I bought a TuxMat for the Frunk, Trunk and Lower Trunk. And I put it on TOP of OEM Carpets. I did the same with rear seat mats. But not the front seats.

Since the Model 3 is endemic on insulation, extra Carpeting helps bring the obscene road noise down. I also stuffed the Frunk with blankets. Some folks tore out the Frunk liner and added insulation. I did a bunch of stuff to quiet the Model 3 down. I think it was tolerable after I was done. Nothing I did was permanent. Full SunScreens, custom DYI door gasket, RPM noise kit, mats everywhere (over carpets) and new P7+ tires. My wife could actually hear me on the phone (on the highway) after I did that (she could not when stock) . It felt like driving in a tin can before I did that work. but it sure was a fast tin can.

I was gonna do something with the hole in the rear deck next. But I replaced both my cars with a Model X and a Volt.
What's the "RPM noise kit"?

I agree with the above sentiments. I didn't notice the missing frunk mat on my M3P+ as we were quickly ushered out of WD to make way for the next lot of cattle/owners.

If they had decided to stop including the mat they should have been open and transparent about it, and not have quietly just removed it and let us find find out for ourselves. Very shady and disappointing practice. I emailed support and also logged the missing frunk mat in the service app along with other issues I found once I had time to do a proper check at home.

It is also unfair if Tesla are sending some people the mats but refusing to supply others. Sadly, if they stick to that line, I don't see any suitable carpet replacement, and I don't want a rubber one. I really don't want to pay Tesla £38 for one as that just rubs salt in the wound.
How did you log it in the service app? Sorry to be dumb! Did you have to select an appointment at a SC?