Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk Open/Close Questions

jmatero

Feb 5, 2020
San Jose, CA, USA
Have some questions on the frunk I’m hoping folks could help me with.
  1. When I hit the frunk release, the passenger side springs up but the drivers side acts as though there’s no strut. Is that normal? It raises and stays up but also noticed it wobbles left to right easily as it opens/closes vs my M3 which had solid hinges.
  2. I’m unable to close the frunk without it flexing under my hands. I’m pressing in the zones shown in the owners manual but the hood will bend under my hands. The only way to latch it solidly seems to be by the front edge.

MY-Y

Mar 4, 2020
MD
Mine pops up evenly on both sides.

You can make it easier to close by adjusting the two bumpers on the hood, just turn clockwise to retract them some.

MY-Y

Mar 4, 2020
MD
Sounds like you need to lift the latch some. Remove top panel (snaps), front bucket (2, maybe 4, bolts), loosen latch (2 bolts), raise it a little (1/8" - 1/4"), and put it back together. 20 minutes or a service call.

• Informative
Reactions: jmatero

Double_J

Oct 11, 2020
Ontario
My car is getting ppf applied in a shop. I'm receiving alerts on the app that the frunk has been left open. Does those alerts keep the gar from going into sleep mode? I dropped it off on Wednesday with 70% SOC. I'm worried that when I pick up the car Saturday or Sunday the battery will be dead.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC