Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk Open/Close Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have some questions on the frunk I’m hoping folks could help me with.
  1. When I hit the frunk release, the passenger side springs up but the drivers side acts as though there’s no strut. Is that normal? It raises and stays up but also noticed it wobbles left to right easily as it opens/closes vs my M3 which had solid hinges.
  2. I’m unable to close the frunk without it flexing under my hands. I’m pressing in the zones shown in the owners manual but the hood will bend under my hands. The only way to latch it solidly seems to be by the front edge.

Sounds like you need to lift the latch some. Remove top panel (snaps), front bucket (2, maybe 4, bolts), loosen latch (2 bolts), raise it a little (1/8" - 1/4"), and put it back together. 20 minutes or a service call.

• Informative
Reactions: jmatero
My car is getting ppf applied in a shop. I'm receiving alerts on the app that the frunk has been left open. Does those alerts keep the gar from going into sleep mode? I dropped it off on Wednesday with 70% SOC. I'm worried that when I pick up the car Saturday or Sunday the battery will be dead.