Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk Organizer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The oscar and hammich one is a cleaner look but I have an issue with the closed lids. It feels more like long term storage and not each to access because you have to unzip the compartments to see what you got and reseal. I didn't know the rpm tesla version fit in the frunk. Definitely not as elegant but the fact that its open makes it more appealing. That might be the best way to go until someone makes a version of that fitted specifically for frunk :)

• Informative
Reactions: vandacca
The oscar and hammich one is a cleaner look but I have an issue with the closed lids. It feels more like long term storage and not each to access because you have to unzip the compartments to see what you got and reseal. I didn't know the rpm tesla version fit in the frunk. Definitely not as elegant but the fact that its open makes it more appealing. That might be the best way to go until someone makes a version of that fitted specifically for frunk :)
Thanks for the feedback. Could you not keep the zippered tops open and just fold them along-side? Would that give you the best of both worlds? And which ones did you get? Did you get any of the upgrades (leather or carbon)?

I've got the O&H set ordered (with the discount from James Cooke's vlog) and I treat those as luggage, as he did. Made for packing in the house, and then fitting in the frunk to use all the space and corners, and then carrying easily into a hotel/B&B, etc. I agree they wouldn't be optimal for for 'storage' as you'd forget what was where, in my opinion.

BTW, I ordered the standard set (pricey enough for me, and I don't really 'upgrade' luggage like this much). I think it's three pieces, hard to tell exactly, since it shifts back and forth from three to four... also think the middle piece is one piece in a current X.

My take:

I'm coming from the early, single-motor Model S, which had the largest frunks of any Tesla. I find the frunk in our Model X to be comparatively so small that I wouldn't want to compromise any of it with an organizer.

Your volumetricage may vary.....

Thanks for the feedback. Could you not keep the zippered tops open and just fold them along-side? Would that give you the best of both worlds? And which ones did you get? Did you get any of the upgrades (leather or carbon)?

I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. The oscar ones look like you cant tuck away the tops nicely but I emailed them just to be certain and this is what they said in regards to your question:

"Than you for the email and question. Yes that is exactly how I designed them. I am on my third tesla so designed from first hand user experience. The tops can be rolled back or tucked down the back."

I've got the O&H set ordered (with the discount from James Cooke's vlog) and I treat those as luggage, as he did. Made for packing in the house, and then fitting in the frunk to use all the space and corners, and then carrying easily into a hotel/B&B, etc. I agree they wouldn't be optimal for for 'storage' as you'd forget what was where, in my opinion.

BTW, I ordered the standard set (pricey enough for me, and I don't really 'upgrade' luggage like this much). I think it's three pieces, hard to tell exactly, since it shifts back and forth from three to four... also think the middle piece is one piece in a current X.

Thanks for the notes. The model x version is actually 4 pieces, model s is 3 pieces. Have your luggages arrived yet and if so can you let me know if they stand up well on their own when not completely full?

My take:

I'm coming from the early, single-motor Model S, which had the largest frunks of any Tesla. I find the frunk in our Model X to be comparatively so small that I wouldn't want to compromise any of it with an organizer.

Your volumetricage may vary.....

True. I'm a photographer and carry around a lot little loose props which are relatively inexpensive. The frunk is able to open by a latch under the car while the trunk requires a key to open the trunk making it more secure.

Now that I know I can tuck the tops away to always have the storage areas open, I think all my loose inexpensive items will do well in the frunk with this luggage accessory while keeping the rear storage for the expensive goods.

• Informative
Reactions: vandacca
I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. The oscar ones look like you cant tuck away the tops nicely but I emailed them just to be certain and this is what they said in regards to your question:

"Than you for the email and question. Yes that is exactly how I designed them. I am on my third tesla so designed from first hand user experience. The tops can be rolled back or tucked down the back."

Thanks for the notes. The model x version is actually 4 pieces, model s is 3 pieces. Have your luggages arrived yet and if so can you let me know if they stand up well on their own when not completely full?
Not yet, unfortunately. Since shipping is free, I expect it may be a while before they show on in Virginia from the UK. :D
They seemed to have 'sturdy' sides in James's video, but they were brand new there, so, they may get more 'floppy' with age also!