TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Frunk Organizer?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by tfraley, Jul 12, 2019.

1. tfraley

tfraley Member

Hey guys,

Anyone know of any good Frunk Organizers.
    One that takes full advantage of the size. So something made specifically for it.
    Something about putting a square into an oval seems like a waste.

Thanks

2. Wennfred

Wennfred Supporting Member

• Helpful x 2
  3. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

Free from the warehouse at work :D

upload_2019-7-12_15-42-2.png

• Funny x 2
  4. TomLee

TomLee Member

I think it's only good for storing something like clothes because the inside is getting very hot in the summer.

5. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

6. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

#6 BluestarE3, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    I looked into various organizers, but found nothing suitable for me. Custom fit orqanizers are too pricey and generic ones waste some of the available storage space. Also, I don't want to be limited by the number and size of divided compartments available to me for storing long-term and short-term items. I ended up using a small duffel bag to store my "permanent" items such as a tire pump, plug kit, other repair items, and a cleaning kit. The latter is a travel toiletry kit containing small spray bottles of cleaners and small microfiber towels. The duffel's shoulder strap is looped around the hooks in the frunk to keep the bag and its contents in place. This leaves room in the frunk to temporarily store other items as needed. Unlike with a structured organizer, I have the flexibility to accommodate additional items of various shapes and sizes, while still having the "permanent" items held snugly in place. And if I ever need to use the full frunk space to transport a larger item, I can simply lift out the duffel bag and leave it in the garage or toss it on the floor behind the front seats.

• Like x 2
  7. tfraley

tfraley Member

Thanks for the feedback guys, Seems to me you all came to the same conclusion as me. There isn't really any. :(

8. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Member

I find that only short loose bags of groceries fit, or two school backpacks.

9. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

I wouldn't sweat it. I can be as OCD as the next guy, but unless you plan on hauling a lot of stuff and the same stuff all the time in your frunk, it doesn't make a lot of sense to restrict yourself to pre-compartmentalized storage space (even if the dividers can be moved around a bit). If you occasionally need to haul something oddly shaped or bulky (like a stinky gym bag) in the frunk, you'd have to remove the form-fitting organizer first rather than simply tossing the item into the remaining unstructured space.

10. TS-LA143

TS-LA143 Member

Not an organizer, but saw this on EBay for the frunk liner.

Attached Files: