TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Frunk question

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Steven Loyens, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Steven Loyens

Steven Loyens Member

With the large frank in the front I was wondering if it would be possible to use it as a position to post a cameramen for using to film driving shots from a other car in front?
    It would be used for making a film I'm helping to produce. I would of course have to remove the frunk lid to give the driver a clear vieuw in front.
    Would it cause any alarms to go off in the main computer or should I better start looking for other solutions?

2. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

You can drive with the hood open, in the US version. So I would think it could work if you removed the hood.

I would think taking out the passenger seat and standing out the pano would be better/safer.

3. FreeOfPge

FreeOfPge Member

Both visuals gave me good chuckle! Please post a picture.

4. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

No pictures but I was taking a bunch of trash from our job trailer to the dumpster and the frunk wouldn't close all the way.

5. FreeOfPge

FreeOfPge Member

Haha, nice! Brings back memories of my teenage years when my brother and I drove jalopies with rusted floorboards, bungee cords holding our hoods closed.

Back on topic: Steve, just a heads up, it may be difficult getting the frunk lid back on the car and aligned. It's not as simple as it looks, unless things have changed over the years.