TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Frunk Sag

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by octoad, Jun 3, 2018.

1. octoad

octoad Member

Has anybody notice sagging with the frunk? I didn’t notice it during the delivery, but the when viewing from the front of the car, the lines of the frunk drop a tad below that of the car body.

2. goto10

goto10 Member

This was a commonly reported problem in early VINs but it hasn't come up much lately so presumably they've solved the issue. There are a few threads with DIY fixes but I'd probably just have SC check it out.

3. amitmishra4

amitmishra4 Member

I reported mine sitting low (about 3 mm) at delivery but they said it was within spec and did nothing. I was just happy to have my car so I figured I would deal with it at the first appointment if it turned out to be a problem. VIN 187xx

4. MacGreiner

Had this issue on my 5xxx 3. Took it to sc to have it raised.

5. octoad

octoad Member

Was your whole frunk low? My frunk sinks below the body line at the front, probably abou 4 inches long. The rest is pretty flush. I did notice one side was slightly higher though.

6. mekberg

mekberg Member

Mine is low on my passenger side only. Rubber stopper is all the way out so likely a hinge adjustment is necessary.

7. azred

azred Active Member

When you get that answer it's up to you whether or not to drop the matter. I heard the same answer on a couple issues including the sagging frunk, but pursued the matter up the chain until I got satisfaction. My frunk sags no more.I may have hurt feelings but that's something I was willing to do even if it has some negative ramifications for future dealings at my service center.

• Like x 2
  8. MacGreiner

It was flush near the windscreen and about 4mm lower at the front.

9. favo

favo P3D+ owner

Might want to check out this other thread: Sunk-in hood

10. sandrews

sandrews New Member

Was this ever resolved Octoad?