Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk seal bulges

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ohmman

Upright Member
Global Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay/Truckee, CA
Does everyone else have this weird bump on both sides of the frunk seal, as if it weren't built for the proper shape of the frunk?

IMG_2103.JPG

Yes, I have one exactly like that in the lower right-hand corner. When I pointed it out during my last service center drop-off, the person I talked to spent about 2 minutes trying to fix it (he didn't). It's on the list of 18 problems that I printed (and e-mailed) to him, which he said was very helpful (it was #13, priority-wise).

Yes, I have one exactly like that in the lower right-hand corner. When I pointed it out during my last service center drop-off, the person I talked to spent about 2 minutes trying to fix it (he didn't). It's on the list of 18 problems that I printed (and e-mailed) to him, which he said was very helpful (it was #13, priority-wise).

Thanks, everyone. It's on the (growing) list.

What else is on your lists? Maybe I am being too nice. :cool:

Same here. Exactly like the picture in first post. One side only. Forgot to mention it last time at SC. Thanks for starting this thread up again and reminding me! :)
It would be nice to have a running list of common problems for people to check for at delivery, 1-3 month out, and 6 month out to catch things that might get over looked.

Have you looked at the existing delivery checklist?

Speaking of the checklist, I have someone looking at a pretty much brand new inventory car (VIN179xx) Model X for me because it is too far for me to travel and inspect myself. Ohmman given your now extensive experience with issues and your very practical take on things, what should I have him look at given that I can not expect him to do the whole checklist? Not to hijack your thread, feel free to answer over in the checklist thread. Sorry for the cross post, but I have waited days with no answer and he is probably going to look at it somewhere between today and Wednesday.