Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk stopped fully closing today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

deonb

Mar 4, 2013
Redmond, WA
I have a 2013 Model S and have never had a problem closing the Frunk before today.

After this week's "Snowmagedon" in Seattle I've cleared some snow around my car this morning, and when I looked at the app afterwards, it now says the frunk is open. It definitely didn't indicate that earlier today and I didn't specifically open the frunk in between the two times.

However, no matter what, I now can't get the frunk to engage the second latch - no matter how hard or where I push on the frunk - it only engaged the first latch but not the second.

Once it engages the first latch, the remote won't open it anymore - I have to push the frunk down to the normal second latch position (it will go down to there, but won't catch), and then I can unlock it and fully open it again. Tried it over and over but no matter what I do the second latch doesn't engage.

Any ideas?

Just had the same problem with my 2017. I just pulled off the plastic piece of trim around the lock mechanism. Then tried some WD40 and hit the lock button a bunch of times. I also actuated a the levers with my fingers to work in the WD40. Has worked well since. Good luck!