Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

frunk struts & frunk spring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know you said not China, but bought most of my items from Luckeasy, and all have been good quality - I've these for the front and back :

#Aliexpress £12.54 9%OFF | LUCKEASY For Tesla Model 3 2017-2019 Car Front cover/Tail box Automatic Hydraulic Support Rods 2pcs/set
US $15.55 8% OFF|LUCKEASY For Tesla Model 3 2017 2019 Car Front cover/Tail box Automatic Hydraulic Support Rods 2pcs/set|Strut Bars| | - AliExpress
Am I reading that page right that it’s £11.75 for struts for both front and rear? Wow.

I’ve bought 3 things off AliExpress now, still waiting for two but the first turned up a lot faster than the 20-40 days quoted. Luckeasy seems to sell everything you could ever want for the Model 3.

I found this stuff quite late in the day and can see a few things on there I know I’ve already bought from Abstract Ocean for a bit more money. Fortunately not super expensive stuff but still :(

EDIT: Actually £11.75 for each pair, still good though.

EDIT 2: Also found what is probably the same trunk mat that cost me £110 from Tesla, for £27. :( I need to stop looking at their shop, it’s depressing.

Last edited:
Bought frunk and trunk struts from BougeRV.... Frunk just don’t work, trunk are opposite, seem way too strong!! Have ordered replacements from Abstract Ocean - was not aware of Luckeasy until now:(

Trying to get a refund from BougeRV but not holding out much hope, one email in five has been acknowledged :confused:

Was going to order the Luckeasy trunk strut set but looking at the video on the website it looks like maybe it’s too strong?

Unlike the frunk set that slows down as the bonnet reaches the fully up position, the trunk seems to go full speed and “shake” at the top, as if the lift was too strong.

See what you think, check out the video on their page:
US $14.36 15% OFF|LUCKEASY For Tesla Model 3 2017 2019 Car Front cover/Tail box Automatic Hydraulic Support Rods 2pcs/set|Strut Bars| - AliExpress

Was going to order the Luckeasy trunk strut set but looking at the video on the website it looks like maybe it’s too strong?

Unlike the frunk set that slows down as the bonnet reaches the fully up position, the trunk seems to go full speed and “shake” at the top, as if the lift was too strong.

See what you think, check out the video on their page:
US $14.36 15% OFF|LUCKEASY For Tesla Model 3 2017 2019 Car Front cover/Tail box Automatic Hydraulic Support Rods 2pcs/set|Strut Bars| - AliExpress
Would be interesting to hear from someone that has fitted them, from the video they do look like they go up too fast then bounce to reset to the required position.

I'm a bit more wary of fitting any brand of struts to the rear, just think it's harder to tell what's behind you and what the boot may crash into.

Also, not sure the wife would have the strength to close the boot whilst stretching that high.

Reactions: Durzel
Am I reading that page right that it’s £11.75 for struts for both front and rear? Wow.

I’ve bought 3 things off AliExpress now, still waiting for two but the first turned up a lot faster than the 20-40 days quoted. Luckeasy seems to sell everything you could ever want for the Model 3.

I found this stuff quite late in the day and can see a few things on there I know I’ve already bought from Abstract Ocean for a bit more money. Fortunately not super expensive stuff but still :(

EDIT: Actually £11.75 for each pair, still good though.

EDIT 2: Also found what is probably the same trunk mat that cost me £110 from Tesla, for £27. :( I need to stop looking at their shop, it’s depressing.

Sorry missed your reply, not been on logged in! Yes as you've seen for a pair.

Would be interesting to hear from someone that has fitted them, from the video they do look like they go up too fast then bounce to reset to the required position.

I'm a bit more wary of fitting any brand of struts to the rear, just think it's harder to tell what's behind you and what the boot may crash into.

Also, not sure the wife would have the strength to close the boot whilst stretching that high.

I've had no issues with these whatsoever for the front , still not fitted with he rears yet though

Was looking at this, wonder if it’s possible to add a further washer/insert to the spring assembly to dampen this action for the rears. Will have an attempt at modification/testing when they turn up.

Let us know if the rears do that bounce at the top when fully opened. Seems weird how the front ones look like they slow down as they get to the fully extended part.