Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk Thoughts or Engineering Disaster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love a van without a frunk any day.

This thing is going to be 5 inches shorter than my van. And 8 inches shorter than current vans.

This gets so much more space than MX, and still shorter. Yeah. I take interior space for passenger and cargo over a near useless frunk.

Since most Americans hate vans, they probably don't know what I am talking about.
I hear you - we love our Honda Odyssey (“Bessie.”) I laugh at all the people saying ‘I need an SUV for the kids’ but then get an SUV that has less room and is less convenient than a Minivan.

I looked at the VW I.D. Buzz and my wife gushed, “I want one! THAT’s what we’re getting to replace Bessie!”

Like I said above, the nose of the car serves structural and safety purposes, too - I’m interested to see the crash test data from the I.D. Buzz. Evidently the U.S. version will be slightly longer, too.

This gets so much more space than MX, and still shorter. Yeah. I take interior space for passenger and cargo over a near useless frunk.

Since most Americans hate vans, they probably don't know what I am talking about.
I'm American and I love vans :D Then again, I came of age when decked out vans were a "thing" so they were everywhere around me. Plus being SoCal vans were very popular for the beach crowd back then. Anyways.. I dont see the Frunk as near unless.. not a proper road trip. I use mine for everything I might need on the road and hope I dont need. It makes it far easier to get the tire inflater or the tire repair kit from the Frunk vs digging it out from all the luggage. There is also the breaker bar, the 12 volt jumper, hoodie, gloves, personal care packs etc..etc.. It came in handy a few weeks ago when my middle girl decided to puke on the way home.. I was able to pull over, pop the frunk and grab a plastic bag from the stash in seconds vs fishing around in the trunk. Anyways.. its a personal preference.

I should add our 2nd EV is a plugin Pacifica Van :D