Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk unlatched message when frunk is indeed latched.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020 Tesla S Model. Since Feb I've gotten frunk unlatched messages but the frunk is indeed latched. Seemingly it happens when the car sits in the sun after driving for a while.

Yesterday I drove from Ft Worth to Possum Kingdom dam to view the water being released from the dam spillway. Got back in the car and got the frunk unlatched message. Opened and closed the frunk to see what happens. Still had the message. I felt inside the frunk when open and it was ambient temperature inside there. So seemingly not temp related.

Drove about fifteen miles and the message went south. Cruise not available with the message showing. Drove about fifty miles and the message came back on. Lost cruise the rest of the trip. This has happened at least five times since Feb. Sometimes after Supercharging in the sun. Why is there no MECHANICAL safety latch? Criminal to not have one.

Tesla appt after I get back from holiday. NOT using the Tesla on a 3500 mile round trip for obvious reasons. By the way, black wheels look like someone put those donut spares of the past, on a car. Pugly wheels.