Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frustrated with Tesla Service Quotes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else experience what feels to be a bait and switch approach with the service center quote process? I have a Model X with approximately 64000 miles that is experiencing the front drive unit shutter when accelerating for example to get up to freeway speed. I found two Service Bulletins on the web SB-19-39-001 and SB-21-39-001 both describing the car symptoms with detailed list of replacement parts and repair instructions. I requested a quote from the service center with the service bulletin information provided. During the process of deciding on the date and location of service I received a total of 3 quotes that stated the repair estimates would be initially $153 at the Dublin service center. I revised it to the Stockton center due to available dates and the quote was revised to $380 (can’t remember the exact amount as the quote was replaced with the third quote). The final quote once they had possession of the car changed to $1,174.36 an hour or so after dropping it off, how does this happen? The Service Bulletin is very specific on the parts/repairs required! - frustrated as the only response I received via the app is "yes, But the vehicle is currently out of warranty, which would be a customer pay".

Attachments

• tesla_invoiceea3c4333-8e12-4f16-9c33-c10488e27bbe_Redacted.pdf
    60.3 KB · Views: 115
  • tesla_invoice9745c1ee-8b22-498d-8490-be3dc42ac50b_Redacted.pdf
    61.9 KB · Views: 91
I'm finding the same thing. Got a quote for replacing struts; first quote was ~$2500, then a revised quote that was actually lower (~$1400) because they said they only needed to do two, then the final bill was $2200. Unfortunately, I didn't download the $1400 quote, so when I complained it was as though that quote never existed.