Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frustrating delays on inventory car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am lucky that my SC where I'm picking up the car is only 2 miles from me. I'm absolutely ready to drop everything! How far away is it for you?

i actually got a call from my DS guy to schedule when I want to come pick it up so they must be pretty sure! It's currently scheduled for Wednesday morning! :eek: I need to find that check off list I saw somewhere in the forums. So excited!

We are close by as well..maybe 10 miles....but can't always drop everything and need to plan ahead. They're pretty certain it'll be here next week.

Amtrak one-way to DC, drive it back using superchargers.
Had there been a reasonable supercharger route between the service centre where my car was, and my home, I would have done that in a heartbeat. But Canada is a severe afterthought in the supercharger department. (even Britain has more superchargers than we do, and we are 40 times their size!)

Grain of salt? Have you seen some of the cars as they come off a truck on the east coast after crossing the country? Covered in road grime, perhaps some salt. Don't go to the Tesla shop until you know they have prepped your car. :)
Luckily Tesla shipped in on an enclosed transport.

I was just told that logistics has my car scheduled for delivery on the 31st......taking bets on whether or not that happens!

I have requested pictures numerous times (starting as long as 10+ days ago) and was told they couldn't send them because it's on a truck. I have asked for the actual location of the car several times only to have my question passed by/ignored and I have asked for a money back guarantee .....also no response. Great.....

I was just told that logistics has my car scheduled for delivery on the 31st......taking bets on whether or not that happens!

I have requested pictures numerous times (starting as long as 10+ days ago) and was told they couldn't send them because it's on a truck. I have asked for the actual location of the car several times only to have my question passed by/ignored and I have asked for a money back guarantee .....also no response. Great.....

I just scheduled delivery for the 30th. I imagine Tesla have strong incentives to get these cars all delivered by the 31st since the entire point of offering discounts on inventory cars is for them to book revenue into Q4...

FWIW, my sales guy said they would fix any issues bigger than an inch. I got some pictures, three to be exact, and the quality was not great but I'm betting on the superb Tesla experience to make things right when/if there is something I'm not happy with. I may take possession 1 day before you?...fingers Xed.

I would ask for the MVPA beforehand. The price of my car was not the correct price on the MVPA.

itll be snowing the day before I get it so unfortunately will not be keeping it pristine for long.

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of car are you getting @choatie88?

FWIW, my sales guy said they would fix any issues bigger than an inch.

3/8ths of an inch (10mm) per the pre-owned disclosure I have. Go over that thing carefully during delivery.

Vehicle interior standards:
  • No cracks, cuts, holes or excessive contact wearInner material will not be visible
  • No damage over 3/8 of an inch (10mm)
  • Slight contact wear is acceptable
Vehicle exterior standards:
  • No structural damage, cracks, holes, cuts
  • No impact damage
  • No scratches, chips or other paint damage over 3/8 of an inch (10mm)
  • Slight contact wear is acceptable
  • All panels, bumpers, grilles, badges, and diffusers are mounted and secure

3/8ths of an inch (10mm) per the pre-owned disclosure I have. Go over that thing carefully during delivery.

that is correct. my sales guy said the width of a normal human pinky.

I finally got photos of my car after asking for 2 weeks. apparently he didn't know how to access the database to get them. as per my sales guy there is a small ding under the rear bumper in the black area that may qualify for the 10mm standard. I personally have no idea why this is taking so long to happen. I assume you fix the car, get it on a truck and deliver it. I've been waiting for 2 weeks and the waiting is eating me alive!

you really cant get any straight answers because they just don't know imho. they just say stuff to make you happy. anyway the link is my car at the owners house just before trade-in

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Last edited:
I will but this is an inventory car and not CPO so I think the standards are different?

- - - Updated - - -

you really cant get any straight answers because they just don't know imho. they just say stuff to make you happy. anyway the link is my car at the owners house just before trade-in

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
I agree... it sure doesn't seem like they are given information and for a company that is this automated, it's really odd that they can't just pull up the car report. I was sitting with my sales guy and he showed me a log where each time someone touched the car, it was entered so they do track it to that level but that was on the sales end. The DS guy seems clueless compared to the sales guy. You think they'd share that info between departments. I thought Tesla would be better than a company that silos its departments.