Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frustration - Rejected Y - Waiting for another Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Frustrating, We rejected our Tesla Y today. Had two dents that they "would not fix", said the dents was too small according to Tesla standards. The two dents were in a noticeable spot....We will wait another Month and hope the quality is better with another Y. The most frustrating part is that they told us we could accept the car and take it to get "fixed/repaired", however we would have to pay for it. The service center does not fix dents. We are hoping the next Y will be in better shape..if not, my Wife is going to say screw it and go with a Range Rover.

I understand her position, she was so excited. I currently have a Model 3 and she was hyped for her Y.

Fingers crossed ...I wish there was a customer service hotline to talk with someone about our experience.

I hope the next Y is good. I expect it will be. You should be marked as a customer with standards, so they should know not to try to fob off the damaged goods on you.

But Range Rover? I'd have thought that Tata JLR would be the last place a selective customer would go.

She loved the sport model of the Range Rover, however she thought the Tesla Y was the best. She was jumping up and down when she saw it and came crashing down when she saw the dents. She was upset and that’s why she said Range Rover. Just like a kid in Xmas with the toy she been wanting and all of a sudden it does not work.

Frustrating, We rejected our Tesla Y today. Had two dents that they "would not fix", said the dents was too small according to Tesla standards. The two dents were in a noticeable spot....We will wait another Month and hope the quality is better with another Y. The most frustrating part is that they told us we could accept the car and take it to get "fixed/repaired", however we would have to pay for it. The service center does not fix dents. We are hoping the next Y will be in better shape..if not, my Wife is going to say screw it and go with a Range Rover.

I understand her position, she was so excited. I currently have a Model 3 and she was hyped for her Y.

Fingers crossed ...I wish there was a customer service hotline to talk with someone about our experience.

Very sorry for your disappointment. Better luck on the next one. Where were the dents located?

I hope the next Y is good. I expect it will be. You should be marked as a customer with standards, so they should know not to try to fob off the damaged goods on you.

But Range Rover? I'd have thought that Tata JLR would be the last place a selective customer would go.
Exactly! For someone with high standard of QC, the last place they'd wanna be is at a JLR dealership lol.

• Funny
Reactions: mspohr
Why would you come on here, start this thread and not have a picture to show everyone? I mean that said, I can't believe the service center said they wouldn't repair a noticeable dent. I would've absolutely raised hell... or at least distributed the picture online and tried to escalate. You did the right thing, and I don't blame your wife for wanting to switch brands. I've owned two teslas now and was getting tired of not having a VIN for my Y and almost went and bought a bmw.