Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frustrations with Tesla service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has had my X for a week now for mainly minor initial delivery fixes and I called to get an update for when it would be finished to find out they haven’t even looked at it yet.. Why the hell would you take my car in when you aren’t even ready to service it? Nothing better than making Plaid Model X payments while driving around in a model Y. Beyond pissed

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
Tesla has had my X for a week now for mainly minor initial delivery fixes and I called to get an update for when it would be finished to find out they haven’t even looked at it yet.. Why the hell would you take my car in when you aren’t even ready to service it? Nothing better than making Plaid Model X payments while driving around in a model Y. Beyond pissed
Consider yourself lucky that you got a loaner.

And you better pray nothing *really* goes wrong. This is the treatment when you have minor issues. Imagine what happens when you need a new battery or drivetrain.

I'd let them keep it as long as they want as long as I get to drive the loaner around for free. Just make sure you took a million pictures so they're on the hook for any damage that might occur from a long stay.

Also, every day that you can't drive it because of something they're fixing is days towards your 30 lemon law clock.

Same boat as you. My X has been as the SC for exactly one month now this coming Monday. Took 2 weeks to finally force them to give me a loaner. I just can't find a decent SC here in the Bay Area. Mine is there for safety restraint error , 2nd row seat squeaking real loud and 2nd floor making tin/sheet metal like noise when stepping on the floor

• Funny
Same boat as you. My X has been as the SC for exactly one month now this coming Monday. Took 2 weeks to finally force them to give me a loaner. I just can't find a decent SC here in the Bay Area. Mine is there for safety restraint error , 2nd row seat squeaking real loud and 2nd floor making tin/sheet metal like noise when stepping on the floor
I have that safety restraint error too for rear right one. Sometime i can not even move the seat back and forth. It comes and goes. Im supposed to bring my x plaid in for service on 4/5 and i hope they have loaner available.

• Funny
I can't believe anyone actually buys a Model X and thinks it will be a good daily driver. A few mins in the X forum will show this needs to be your second or third car, not primary.
I’ve had an X as my daily driver for 6 years with no issues what so ever. The issue isn’t the car it’s that Tesla grew too quickly. The X is by far the best vehicle they make

Every manufacturer has its exceptions and nightmare cars. The Model S has had plenty of nightmare stories. @InternetDude says spend time in the X forums and you'll see the X is not a daily driver. That goes a hundred fold for the S if you hang out in those forums. My P85D was nearly perfect and never left me stranded or had a major breakdown.

Even the FWD on the X have been really solid even 2016s. Yes they have their occasional sensor glitches that require you use the override. The poor guy the youtube video clearly didn't know how to override his FWD into closing.

I think the biggest issue Tesla has going on right now that's a REAL problem is phantom breaking when using TACC on cars that no longer have radar.

Looks like you are in PA, care to share your service center? I've had a couple decent appts up at Princeton. Not amazing communication but they started working on it within a couple days and it only stayed longer when they were waiting for parts.
Every manufacturer has its exceptions and nightmare cars. The Model S has had plenty of nightmare stories. @InternetDude says spend time in the X forums and you'll see the X is not a daily driver. That goes a hundred fold for the S if you hang out in those forums. My P85D was nearly perfect and never left me stranded or had a major breakdown.

Even the FWD on the X have been really solid even 2016s. Yes they have their occasional sensor glitches that require you use the override. The poor guy the youtube video clearly didn't know how to override his FWD into closing.

I think the biggest issue Tesla has going on right now that's a REAL problem is phantom breaking when using TACC on cars that no longer have radar.

The phantom braking seems to be really car specific. Ours seems to be almost non-existent, although I do disable FSD Beta sometimes if there are really strong shadows.

Looks like you are in PA, care to share your service center? I've had a couple decent appts up at Princeton. Not amazing communication but they started working on it within a couple days and it only stayed longer when they were waiting for parts.

The phantom braking seems to be really car specific. Ours seems to be almost non-existent, although I do disable FSD Beta sometimes if there are really strong shadows.

Do you mean you don't have phantom braking using TACC only or that you hardly experience because you almost always have FSD enabled?

Do you mean you don't have phantom braking using TACC only or that you hardly experience because you almost always have FSD enabled?
Well, all driving with the Beta is the vision stack, so TACC, Autopilot (highway) and FSD Beta (city streets) use the new 'vision only' code for following, as I understand it. I seem to have no issues at night. I have some minor slow downs during daytime hours, but not a lot. I have maybe two areas I drive through that seem to be map related, one where the car basically stops, acting like there is a stop sign, but that intersection has never had one, as far as I know. Certainly not 'I get disengagements every minute', like I saw one person post, or something drastic like that.