Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: 12/2016 MX 90D, MSM/white CF interior, 20" wheels, FUSC, Tesla ext warranty until 12/2024, FSD (HW3), MCU2, 49.2K miles, $61K &must know Sat 12/3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was expecting my new 2023 MX around EOY, but on Thursday I got a VIN out of the blue and was asked to take delivery this Sunday 12/4!
I got a $56K offer for my 2022 MX, which is equivalent to sell to a private party for $61K (as there is no sales tax on the trade-in credit).

I am the original owner of my current 2016 Model X 90D. Produced 11/2016 and delivered 12/2016 (so it would be a 2017 with current standards :-0) and has Tesla extended warranty until 12/2024 in addition to the usual drivetrain and battery warranty until 12/2024. Recently I charged at 100% to test and it showed 240 miles (so some loss from 257 nominal, but not too much). The car has PUP (Premium Upgrade Package IIRC), which means it has the carbon fiber trim that looks awesome. These days you can only get that on a plaid. I also think it included upgraded interior materials, more interior LEDs, and ventilated seats. Forgot to put in title that IT IS A 6-SEATER.

***Car has a small dent in the rear right corner which it got while parked on street. Zoom into passenger side and rear photos to see better. This happened recently and I didn't have a chance to take to body shop for estimate. Other than that the car is in good shape, but not impeccable as it mostly lives in a commercial garage in Manhattan. One minor accident, it was repaired at Precision Auto Works and everything with a minor dent or scratch was just replaced. They called it the Chubb level of repair...

Given the above I think the trade-in offer is within reason, and I plan to accept it on Sunday. However this is one of the relatively few Model Xs that have both FSD compatibility (with HW3 upgrade installed, waiting for free camera upgrade to qualify for FSD beta) AND transferable free unlimited supercharging for the life of the car (and also free premium connectivity). This could be worth a lot to someone! Car has been problem free so far, and while past performance is no guarantee about the future, certainly not a lemon. Also, I have upgraded to MCU2, as it allowed accessing all the recent goodies. Overall best car I've owned and only reason I am giving up is because of the 2023 MX arrival. Also ran out space in "sticker" window :) .

As I said, I plan to trade it in on Sunday 12/4, but if someone really wants it and will match the Tesla trade-in plus tax savings, I'd be happy to help keep the FUSC out in the wild as long as the process is hassle-free. There would need to be either a completed sale or a very substantial non-refundable deposit before Sunday afternoon, for me to reject the trade-in. Car is in Manhattan near Washington Square Park, and free and clear title at hand. This is obviously very last minute, so no more photos.

DM me if interested.

Attachments

• driver.jpg
    driver.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 124
  • passenger.jpg
    passenger.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 70
  •  front-seats.jpg
    front-seats.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 70
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    801.8 KB · Views: 65
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    722 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Car is no longer available--it was traded in on 12/4 . Already missing FUSC :)
The build quality of the 2023 MX is better, but I think I was lucky with my 2016 MX which gave me almost 6 trouble free years!
Thank you all for reading/commenting/DMing.

Man, shouldn't have given the FUSC car to Tesla. they'll change the service code now.
I know, and that was the reason for this entire thread. In August there would be 5 people wanting the car, plus Carvana etc. I got no serious interest for 9% above what Tesla offered (9% to cover the extra sales tax--in NY you only pay tax on the difference between trade-in and new car). Also, Tesla didn't care about imperfections, making the whole process worry free.